Kane County IL Ham Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylech99

Premium Subscriber
I can't find any Ham or amateur radio frequencies for the Kane County Area. Can anyone help me with these frequencies? Thanks!

evilbrad

My head makes a bad antenna
Premium Subscriber
ham stuff

145.470 KC9oem geneva
147.060 niarc batavia
146.790 vara elgin

147.210(dont recommend this one)
444.300(ditto)

443.650 Batavia
443.0250 elburn
444.100 batavia

bakechad

EvilBrad,

Any reason you don't recommend the FRRL repeaters? Just curious.

Chad
KB9WVS

W9GC

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
147.210(dont recommend this one)
444.300(ditto)
Any reason you don't recommend the FRRL repeaters? Just curious.
One good reason to stay off the FRRL repeaters is because some of the ARRL "administrators" (Dick Illman, Hermit Carlson to name a couple) suffer from paranoid delusions that any non-paying user is out to cause malicious interference to their system. Any new user takes the risk of being blamed for every bit of QRM ever experienced within the past decade.

In 2005, past president Dick Illman assisted in fabricating a complaint riddled with speculation, rumors and outright lies to the FCC (a federal offense) saying among other things that Doppler arrays had tracked QRM signals to my residence nearly 30 miles away - a home that contained nothing more than a Yaesu VR5000 receiver and an old Radio Shack scanner. I am fairly certain that any tracking expedition did not lead anybody to the series of receivers located in my home. The FCC dismissed their complaint when the complainant was unable to produce the alleged "Doppler arrays", recordings and other alleged evidence.

I telephoned Dick Illman and requested to meet with him and the club officers at a local restaurant to discuss the problems they were experiencing and their allegations against me, but Dick said he was afraid to meet with me because they didn't "feel safe" doing so. Apparently my 5'9" medium-build frame intimidates the entire group of FRRL officers greatly. I attempted to give him the name of an Aurora CB'er who openly bragged on air about playing obscene songs over various amateur repeaters, but Dick stated that he wasn't interested in hearing it.

I explained to the Dick that there was no transmitting equipment in my home, but he responded by calling me a liar by insisting that there was - because at one time he heard me talking on the repeater and heard a computer start up in the background and a telephone ring. I replied with photos of my cars interior, which contains a permanently mobile-mounted notebook computer and my only transceiver, a mobile FT-8900. Dick has apparently never heard of cellphones either. Of course Dick never responded... I guess I confused him with facts.

I now live over 300 miles from the repeater and I still have several friends who are current members of the FRRL. I am often told how I am still accused of causing interference to the 2-meter system every time it happens (which it apparently happens often, an ongoing problem for the past several years). Amazing... 300 mile range with a 50 watt transceiver.

Yup, they're some really bright folks there.

Status
Not open for further replies.