Kankakee County change to starcom21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommypickles

The new frequencies for Kankakee County Simulcast are posted as site 248.
This has been in effect for a while now.
Attached are the TG's I have heard and what agencies they MAY belong to.
Verification is needed.

Attachments

• Kankakee SC 21 TG 060220 v_2.pdf
    187.5 KB · Views: 54

tubgrinder12

The new frequencies for Kankakee County Simulcast are posted as site 248.
This has been in effect for a while now.
Attached are the TG's I have heard and what agencies they MAY belong to.
Verification is needed.
I have looked @ the report and can't decipher the frequencies: The DEC and Hex ? I'm not a novice, this is something new to me. Thanks!

tommypickles

This report is just the TG's in DEC and HEX
I posted a frequency report on the StarCom thread.
I am getting these two treads mixed up.
My Bad
Sorry for any confusion

merleraymond

Premium Subscriber
I have downloaded the frequencies from RR marked as off air and the ten talk groups listed but hear nothing. I'm using a 996P2. Any help would be appreciated

tubgrinder12

I have the old 800 freqs they was using before. I had 12 in all. Just added the others from the list that I didn't have.. Have 16 total to monitor now with my Radio Shack Pro-2052 Dual Trunking scanner. 2 channels are strong control channels for now.
I have a Uniden BCD325P2 handheld, but that is so complicated to operate I don't use it. Have to have software to program it and still don't know how to switch from system to system. No transmissions on the others, just control.

tubgrinder12

I've tried looking in the FCC license data, and come up with very little. As for new freqs.. Since this is a 2 statewide system, I would imagine the State would be the Licensee. Usually any control points would be licensed too, as a control point. I'm not a radio technician, but as a mechanic for the City, I've swapped out alot of radios from old squads to new. Knew the radio techs very well. The new system is from a Captain of the K3 Fire Dept.. I was just talking to the Can-Com supervisor in February, his is a good friend, and was told that the system was going to change to digital from analog. I inquired about info on it, but was reluctant to elaborate any details. LoL

merleraymond

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone succesfully programed a scanner to receive the new starcom 21 frequencies and if so what scanner do you have and what software are you using? Did you add talk groups? Did you add only the 248 and not the Kankakee site? Help us all you can please.

tommypickles

First, make sure you have a scanner that will do phase 2. As this is a simulcast site a Uniden SDS200 or Unication G$ or % is preferred.
Your reception on this site will depend on your proximity to the transmitter locations.
I am in Dwight TWP, and using a 536HP and 996P2. This being said, I do not get reception 100% of the time.
I used ARC programming to program the 536, the 996 I did by hand.
Use the frequencies listed on the database, with the exception of the control frequency, all voice frequencies that I have seen have been from the old Kankakee system.
I only have the control channel programmed in my 996, 853.4345, and when reception is good I have no problem trunking.
If you have any problems you can send me a message direct, I think????
As to the Question that tubgrinder12 asked about licensing, Some site have frequencies licensed to the state while other sites have the frequencies licensed to the local county or municipality or a combination. Site 113 has licensed frequencies to Joliet and the state. 154 are all licensed to Livingston Sheriff. Confusing, is it not?

merleraymond

Premium Subscriber
I have a 996p2, a396xt, 996xt and am using arc pro software. Downloading the frees from the database and the talk groups also. They go in fine and the sites show up while scanning but no voice. Is this different from ISP? My xt's get them fine.

Last edited:

merleraymond

Premium Subscriber
Tommypickles
Do I understand that you are using only one frequency for Kankakee (853.4345) and not all the other frequencies on the database? Are you downloading the talk groups on the database? Normally I pick the frequencies off the database and the associated talk groups and import them to the scanner. Everything goes in successfully but no luck. The site show up on the scan but nothing received. Is this a DMS system or some other type I need to identify? I would appreciate any help to make this work on my 996P2.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Your 996P2 should receive KK Phase 11 but not your other scanners, if you see 5 bars on the CC 853.4375 [ you printed the wrong freqy] it will see the voice freqys... I hear four of the TGs here in Joliet off T113but I cannot hear T248 from hear ...These TGs I hear are associated withT113 but not 248....

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Can't hear them either in Lowell. Before the change they came in strong. Updated the new freqs and TG's provided. Possibly may have to increase my range setting depending on the location of Site 248. Anyone know for sure?

merleraymond

Premium Subscriber
Limited success. I am receiving the dispatch talk group and that's all and not very much of that My software is displaying a different frequency than any of the ones on the database for starcom21. I think there is a lot of upgrading that will go on in the coming weeks.

merleraymond

Premium Subscriber
I am getting ISP and IDOT district 3 on my 396xt and 996xt with no problem and they are listed as Phase II. Will Kancom be the same? I haven't been able to program them as the windows 10 computer i bought compiles me to get a new USB-1 cable.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I am getting ISP and IDOT district 3 on my 396xt and 996xt with no problem and they are listed as Phase II. Will Kancom be the same? I haven't been able to program them as the windows 10 computer i bought compiles me to get a new USB-1 cable.

All Starcom sites are "Phase 2 capable" but if one users on one talkgroup is using a Phase 1 only capable radio, all radios will fall back to Phase 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.