Kannapolis / Concord area Pro 106 working

Status
Not open for further replies.

eascctv

Premium Subscriber
Just purchased a Pro 106 scanner and have it working for the Kannapolis / Concord NC area. This includes all of Cabarrus County. If anyone needs a copy of the setup please let me know. I have not seen any action on the viper system yet.

trumpetman

Database Admin
The Cabarrus County system just recently rebanded, make sure you've taken the necessary steps to tell your scanner to track the new bandplan. I just downloaded the system from the database and it tracks just fine, if that's what you're doing then try it once more and see if it was just a download fluke.

Feel free to send your file this way and I'll take a look at it.

trumpetman AT radioreference DOT com

yardbird

Premium Subscriber
You want see Viper used in Cabarrus County often. This because of the Cabarrus TRS System.

Also make note that about a year from now the Cabarrus TRS will be migrated into the Char/Meck P-25 800 Mhz system.

This will mean that all current Cabarrus Trs talkgroups will change.

I have a feeling the Cabarrus talkgroups will look something like the Union County talkgroups now.

The Cabarrus Trs system administrator told me that once the systems are migrated together that Cabarrus will loose a lot of talkgroups unlike they curently have.

David

eascctv

Premium Subscriber
Yep they moved to Charlotte!

Kannapolis, Concord, Cabarrus Co. and surrounding areas have moved to the Charlotte/Meck. system. No need to load the old Cabarrus freqs and talk groups.

KM4WLV

Kannapolis, Concord, Cabarrus Co. and surrounding areas have moved to the Charlotte/Meck. system. No need to load the old Cabarrus freqs and talk groups.

Hey there eascctv,

First I wanted to say welcome to RR, moreover the NC Forums. I saw that this was your second post from a thread you started well over a year ago. We're aware that Concord and Cabarrus County have moved over to the Charlotte Regional P25 system, and the only remaining users of the old analog system are public works/utilities for the time being.

There was a new thread started recently covering the Concord/Cabarrus transition over to the P25 system. I'm not trying to bust your chops but some people may give you a hard time ressurecting a thread over a year old for something that is being covered with a more recent thread. Just trying to help ya out.

Hope all is well and that you're still enjoying your 106 !!

Status
Not open for further replies.