Kansas City Area Transit Authority Problem

joekup

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
11
Location
Lees Summit MO
My setup: Uniden BCD996P2 with DMR, NXDN and ProVoice upgrades. I have downloaded (via ARCXT) the info for the KC ATA (state=Missouri, county=Jackson, systems=Trunked Systems ) from the RR database. ARCXT shows it as a Mototrbo system with 4 freqs, each with a LCN 453.3250(1) 453.8750(2) 453.9250(3)
and 453.9500(4)
My problem: If I do a "System Hold" , it does a " ID SCAN" and will occasionally display one of the TGs for this system,---BUT, it will not break squelch and I hear nothing.
However, if I just HOLD on the system and manually run through the freqs, I can listen to whatever audio is present. Why won't it stop and break squelch whenever I do a
ID SCAN or ID SEARCH (tried both). Are my LCNs wrong? Am I holding my mouth wrong? (LOL)
ANY help and/or suggestions would be appreciated......joekup
 

KCoax

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
376
Add 453.475000. The DB is missing that one. It sounds as if the LCN''s have changed. In the Menu go to Analyze and to Find LCN. Run that. Once done. Save it then go into Edit system click on the freq and click again to see the LCN it programmed. I'll run LCN finder too and see what I get. I don't have much of a signal here.
 
Last edited:

joekup

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 11, 2005
Messages
11
Location
Lees Summit MO
I tried adding 453.4750 and it didn't seem to help. Using ARCXT, I did a (TOOLS...RR Freq Search) and had 5 responses for that freq.
One of them showed it being used as a data channel for KCATA. I did notice that when I manually surfed the 4 channels, that 453.8750
seemed the busiest. So I switched the LCNs making 453.3250(2) and 453.8750(1)----assuming the lowest numbered free channel would
get the traffic. (You know what happens when you assume) Anyway, right now it seems to be working most of the time. Still needs work.
 

KCoax

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 6, 2009
Messages
376
I ran the LCN finder on a 436HP and SDS100 for several times and several days. According to Uniden 1,2 and 3 in the DB is correct. Strange scenario though, one time with the SDS100 I got 453.475 as LCN #5. When I put it 453.475 in DSDPlus as #5 and #6 it seems to track properly with a moderate signal and frequent errors. I doubt they are changing the LCN frequently. It appears the issues seem to be from a lack of signal. I'll do some more checking to see what works properly.
 
Top