Kansas City, KS P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
31410 is a station alerting tg, I believe. Still trying to pin that one down.
Here's what I have for the other stations:
37017-Station 2 tone-out (not fire tac-2 as previously thought)
37036 Station 10 tone-out
37040-Station 14 Tone out
37042-Station 16 tone-out
37045-Station 19 tone-out

That one is in an "Odd Spot" 31410.

HH

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
That one is in an "Odd Spot" 31410.

HH

I've heard the fire dispatcher say "speaker testing", then tones were sent. This happened multiple times. She never identified which station it was. Haven't heard/logged it since 4PM.

Bullet120

Premium Subscriber
HKHarry, PM sent.

31410 seems to be in line with JOCO ID's. Possibly related to the new Shawnee tower online or just testing interoperability.

Last edited:

JTR604

Kansas City, KS 25

When will Radio Reference update their data base so we can download the new talk groups for the system ?
it would be nice if I could install the new talk groups into my home patrol.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
When will Radio Reference update their data base so we can download the new talk groups for the system ?

As soon as someone submits the new talk groups to RR to be added to the database... The database is USER driven, and is only as accurate as the information submitted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tlangshaw

Premium Subscriber
The new talk groups are not in KCKS public service, you need to look in the MARRS system. That's where KCMO, JOCO, and WYCO are at WYCO is at the bottom. These guys here are doing a great job of updates when they can...........You will probably need the frequencys at the top of that page for Wyandotte Co. I do not know anything about the Home Patrol.

Last edited:

JTR604

Thank you for the information the home patrol has software that it uses to download the talk groups I see where the talk groups have added and have updated my scanner but the talk groups are not in the data base where it can be downloaded. Most of the time there are no issues with downloading talk groups.

Bullet120

Premium Subscriber
Submissions have been made. Some are posted, some are pending.

JTR604

I was able to update my data base on my home patrol but I am unable to see any talk groups listed for kcks. I have looked under the marrs system for kcmo, Johnson county, and no luck in finding them any ideas on what is going on? have never any issues. I did take and add a new talk group for Levenworth kansas fire and was able to program that.

mgolden2

Anyone think the encryption will last? Or with enough outcry from the public do you think the city will turn off the encryption?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

JTR604

I see the talk groups listed but home patrol uses a program called sentinel to download the needed talk groups only thing sentinel is showing in it's data base is wyandotte county simulcast. UPMan can you help me with this issue ?

tlangshaw

Premium Subscriber
It's here to stay, what the public thinks does,'t matter. There is a lot to here in this area. KCKS fire should keep you up on the shootings and wrecks. JOCO and KCMO can be interesting, sometimes use encryption. Leavenworth Co. is on KSICS system and KCKS and JOCO too, hear Highway Patrol all the way to Oklahoma on I-35. Lansing, Basehor, Tonganoxie, and Leavenworth Co Sheriff are on Leavenworth tower. There is plenty to listen to not KCKS PD though. Just my ideas.

JTR604

Well Put tlangshaw, kcmo's police department covers more areas then all three city's in wyandotte county
Kansas city kansas, Edwardsville, Bonner Springs.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Guys/Gals

The WyCo portion of the MARRS has been updated with every thing folks have sent(as of 1630 today).

To those that have sent loggings please check to make sure I got all the corrections made.

I just got Google Fiber today so the network had been out of service for a few hours.

HH

Status
Not open for further replies.