Kansas City, KS P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

bchappuie

I thought they were going to go with everyone else in MARRS, and latch up to the JOCO controller Ph1. Motorola's running it for them, so no telling how those filings were done.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I thought they were going to go with everyone else in MARRS, and latch up to the JOCO controller Ph1. Motorola's running it for them, so no telling how those filings were done.

That was also my understanding. Who knows why it was filed like that. Could be something similar to what Sedgwick County did where they initially decided to go Phase 1 and left the door open for Phase 2 later on down the road (just an uneducated guess).

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
That was also my understanding. Who knows why it was filed like that. Could be something similar to what Sedgwick County did where they initially decided to go Phase 1 and left the door open for Phase 2 later on down the road (just an uneducated guess).

That would be correct. I don't see them going Ph2 anytime soon. since some of the smaller fish are just now getting to the P-25 table with the Ph1 gear they got from Nextel. ie WYCo Ks, Cass Co Mo, Raytown Mo, Grandview Mo ect.... they dont have the $$ to it.

JMHO

hh

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
That would be correct. I don't see them going Ph2 anytime soon. since some of the smaller fish are just now getting to the P-25 table with the Ph1 gear they got from Nextel. ie WYCo Ks, Cass Co Mo, Raytown Mo, Grandview Mo ect.... they dont have the $$ to it.

JMHO

hh

Thanks HH. From what I've seen so far, looks like KCK will get some APX gear in addition to the XTS/XTL stuff they already have from Nexhell...err, I mean Nextel. Cass will be mostly APX gear, but that's a topic for the MO forum.

Bullet120

Premium Subscriber
WYCO will run off of JOCO's switch for MARRS while adding a tower site and putting equipment on JOCO's Shawnee site. New portable and mobiles are APX, most or all public safety switched to the new stuff, presumably for GPS. Some non-public safety agencies may keep the old equipment for cost saving until its no longer supported. All main KCKPD dispatch channels will be full time ADP encrypted.

Last edited:

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
All main KCKPD dispatch channels will be full time ADP encrypted.

Can't say I'm surprised. At least they'll be interoperable with JOCO agencies (some of which use ADP for certain operations). Not so much with KCMO (who mostly uses DES) unless they make use of the regional interop channels. Times are changing...

mgolden2

KCK built a couple new towers for the switch to P25 as well as they are leasing space from a JoCo tower for the officers in the southern part of the county such as Bonner and Edwardsville. On the old system, officers in those cities can't reach the trunk system on their handheld radios so that is why they have been using their conventional repeater. All of the handheld radios are the APX 6000 ( http://www.motorolasolutions.com/US...+-+Public+Safety/P25+Portable+Radios/APX_6000) and the switch to the new system is scheduled for late this summer.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

mgolden2

I spoke to a KCKPD Sgt in charge of communications today who said that the digital system is set to turn on around July of this year. Each Officer has been issued a brand new APX 6000. He did not know whether they would be encrypted or not.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

tlangshaw

Premium Subscriber
I did not have time to get to the scanner and lock on to the control channel. I have a pro 106 with just the higher freqs from the ULS list from the first post on this thread. 854.1125 up to the last 859.9375. There are 13 of them, all entered P25. This scanner has been sitting on for weeks 24/7, finally heard a test. Thanks PVPD730 for the list. ULS license list.

Last edited:

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I did not have time to get to the scanner and lock on to the control channel. I have a pro 106 with just the higher freqs from the ULS list from the first post on this thread. 854.1125 up to the last 859.9375. There are 13 of them, all entered P25. This scanner has been sitting on for weeks 24/7, finally heard a test. Thanks PVPD730 for the list. ULS license list.

No problem.

From the Pro96com readout:

Site ID:
302 (T0302)

WACN:
BEE00

Control Channels:
857.9375 (Primary CC)
856.9375 (Alt CC)
858.9375 (Alt CC)
859.9375 (Alt CC)

I'm only getting a 13% decode rate here up North, so that's the best I can get for now. I went ahead and submitted this info to the database admins.

Last edited:

tlangshaw

Premium Subscriber
Thanks again PVPD730. I have heard more this morning and 857.9375 is correct for the control channel. I have changed the 13 I had entered and entered those 4.

BigC801

No problem.

From the Pro96com readout:

Site ID:
302 (T0302)

WACN:
BEE00

Control Channels:
857.9375 (Primary CC)
856.9375 (Alt CC)
858.9375 (Alt CC)
859.9375 (Alt CC)

I'm only getting a 13% decode rate here up North, so that's the best I can get for now. I went ahead and submitted this info to the database admins.

I get about 25 to 30% sometimes lol, most of the time I can't get it at all.

Today the CC is 858.9375

Bullet120

Premium Subscriber
I'm well over 90% and tracking with UniTrunker. Appears mostly people fiddling with their radios. A few calls out on 37015. I'm analyzing, so I'm not listening to any traffic. I have several TG's ID'd (30+) but waiting for more to submit a list.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I was able to get my hands on a APX6000XE KCKFD portable today...here are the pics:

KCKPD and other law agencies in WYCO should be getting the same radios (only difference is those will be all black).

Last edited:

mgolden2

Each KCKPD Officer has been issued a black APX6000 already so that when the switch is flipped they will be ready

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.