Kansas City, KS P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullet120

Premium Subscriber
Changeover to the new system will be on Sunday 06/22 at 0830 hours. As reported earlier, all primary LEO channels are encrypted.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Periodic voice testing is currently taking place on talkgroups 37000, 37015, 37107, and 37129. Only one that has full crypto so far is 37000.
37018-KCK Fire Tac-3

Last edited:

Bullet120

Premium Subscriber
37000 is KCKPD East. What you're hearing is them reprogramming every mobile radio and verifying the update due to a flaw in the initial encryption key programming.

Stupidfatkid

It is very sad that everything has to be encrypted.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Sad indeed. To me it just shows the deepening mistrust the police have for the public, which just leads to the reciprocal. Sure, I know, they'll say it's for officer safety.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Sad indeed. To me it just shows the deepening mistrust the police have for the public, which just leads to the reciprocal. Sure, I know, they'll say it's for officer safety.

Many agencies are encrypting because of live feeds. Independence and Jackson County were both very up front about that. Not sure why KCKPD and Cass County chose to take that route, though. Personally, I don't see any harm in keeping the primary dispatch groups clear.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Periodic voice testing is currently taking place on talkgroups 37000, 37015, 37107, and 37129. Only one that has full crypto so far is 37000.
37018-KCK Fire Tac-3

Logged so far today:
37000 = KCKs Pd East id'd as such then went encrypted. (by a radio man)

The rest of these have not heard any thing on
I am just seeing them show up in the logs.
No audio, assuming encryption.

37015 =
37016 =
37068 =
37100 =
37107 =
37129 =

HH

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Many agencies are encrypting because of live feeds. Independence and Jackson County were both very up front about that. Not sure why KCKPD and Cass County chose to take that route, though. Personally, I don't see any harm in keeping the primary dispatch groups clear.

Where did you see this at? "because of live feeds"

Was this in an official document or new article?

HH

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Was this in an official document or new article?
HH

Neither. It was a topic of discussion at one of the MARC meetings.

One more talkgroup confirmed:
37015-KCK Fire Dispatch (EMS unit keyed up on the P25 side and went enroute to a call).

BigC801

Neither. It was a topic of discussion at one of the MARC meetings.

One more talkgroup confirmed:
37015-KCK Fire Dispatch (EMS unit keyed up on the P25 side and went enroute to a call).

That and I have or had ( not sure if I still do) a voice recording of the Jackson County sheriff talking to his dispatcher when they were still building the system, He stated he had good news that Motorola had agreed to had the full time encryption with out adding to the contract price. He then said we will see if they can stream us now.

It also doesn't help that the big Kansas City feed has all the Tac channels on it, I heard Nac-Vice 1 on it Wednesday night along with several of the special ops channels. Need a Emoji here of a sad face shooting himself in the foot.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
wbigcount said:
That and I have or had ( not sure if I still do) a voice recording of the Jackson County sheriff talking to his dispatcher when they were still building the system, He stated he had good news that Motorola had agreed to had the full time encryption with out adding to the contract price. He then said we will see if they can stream us now.

Motorola is passing out ADP encryption like candy. It's basically a freebie (something like $10 per radio) for agencies who purchase the APX gear.

wbigcount said:
It also doesn't help that the big Kansas City feed has all the Tac channels on it, I heard Nac-Vice 1 on it Wednesday night along with several of the special ops channels. Need a Emoji here of a sad face shooting himself in the foot.

With all of the crime in KCK, that right there creates a huge officer safety issue when they're working tactical operations. All some thug has to do is pull the stream up on his Obamaphone, and bam!..he knows where the officers are setting up at. In this particular case, I can't really blame them for dropping the crypto hammer.

joeuser

The Wretched
ADP has already been broken, that could be why they pass it out like candy. Regardless, you couldn't stream it. Well you could, until you got caught! lol

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
ADP has already been broken, that could be why they pass it out like candy. Regardless, you couldn't stream it. Well you could, until you got caught! lol

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

Anyone who risks that would be stepping in some federal sh*t. Not worth it.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
It also doesn't help that the big Kansas City feed has all the Tac channels on it, I heard Nac-Vice 1 on it Wednesday night along with several of the special ops channels. Need a Emoji here of a sad face shooting himself in the foot.[/QUOTE]

I believe it is against user policy to stream any Tac channels. I'd send a complaint to the admin.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber

I believe it is against user policy to stream any Tac channels. I'd send a complaint to the admin.

Looks like the feed has been removed from Broadcastify. I don't see it under Wyandotte County.

mancow

Database Admin
People put up feeds which end up causing them to go encrypted then other people discover other feeds for other agencies with tac channels in the clear then those get outed and those are taken off line so in the end everyone ends up with nothing....at all.

Wow ....

Last edited:

tlangshaw

Premium Subscriber
Live feeds usually have so many talk groups that you hear something on one talk group, then the next thing you hear is about something completely different. You can't hit pause to lock on to one talkgroup. I looked at the KCMO feed and my gosh there is a lot of talk groups on there, how would you make heads or tails out of anything? I like to listen to KCMO, on my scanners more than KCKS, just pause on center or metro and I'm good for the evening. We will see what happens when the change is made Sunday. Also if fire disp is 37015 and fire tac 3 is 37018, maby fire tac 1 and 2 are, oh well nevermind. There is plenty to listen to even if the encryption is for real in KCKS.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
I think the one in question is the KCMO feed.

Gotcha. If they're streaming Narc-Vice stuff, that's definitely against broadcastify TOS and should be reported. Last thing we need is for KCMO to follow suit with some of these other agencies. At least they only use encryption when they need it (which seems like the most sensible approach). Lets not give them any reasons to change that.

BTW...all off the KCK P25 control channels are offline. Wonder if the techs found unexpected "issues" or if they'll just turn them back on when everyone switches tomorrow AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.