Kansas City, KS P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeuser

The Wretched
I see the talk groups listed but home patrol uses a program called sentinel to download the needed talk groups only thing sentinel is showing in it's data base is wyandotte county simulcast. UPMan can you help me with this issue ?

So you updated the database from RR which u r sure has these TG's u want to listen to? Where did you look for the TG's on the Sentinel software or the HP1? Both?

JTR604

I looked on radio reference then after updating looked on sentinel. I have a HP -1. Any Ideas ?

joeuser

The Wretched
So you saw the new TG's on RR, updated Sentinel but dont see them on Sentinel? Right?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 - Windows Phone 8.1 using Tapatalk

joeuser

The Wretched
If my previous message is correct, I think I may know what the issue is. This is probably listed under a new system, might want to search through Sentinel more.

joeuser

The Wretched
I bet its just not where you are expecting it to be. I haven't updated this week, nothing changed in my area. Either search around or update the HP1 & see if you get hits on the new TG's

The only other thing I can think of, is maybe they show the new updates on RR but they haven't updated the actual database Sentinel pulls from or they have the updates showing but they are not " marked " to be used/downloaded at this time - like a temporary hold while they get checked or something. I dont know for certain as I do not know how RR works exactly...

JTR604

Question, not all the talk groups that are listed on RR are not available for the home patrol sentinel any idea when all those missing will be added ? Anyone ?

BigC801

Question, not all the talk groups that are listed on RR are not available for the home patrol sentinel any idea when all those missing will be added ? Anyone ?

Why can't you enter in manually into sentinel or the home patrol, kinda like when you lose your remote...how many hours are you going to look for it till you just get up and change the channel

JTR604

With the home patrol and sentinel itself you can not enter anything manual unless you have the upgrade which is about $100.00.

JTR604

Hello, but I am having an issue with my HP 1 not showing all the talk groups for wyandotte county Kansas after updating, But they are shown in RR Data base I have attempted this a couple of times so far with no luck. Also I had sent Radio Reference some updated talk group information but they have not posted any of it yet. Do you know how long it takes for them to do that as I would like to be able to get my home patrol up and running for wyandotte county kansas.

opsvisor

Does anyone happen to know what is the TG Id for KCKs Fire Tac-1? Seems like dispatch sends fire calls to Tac-1, but Tac-1 is not listed in the Database.
If Fire dispatch is 37015 and Tac-2 is 37017 and Tac-3 is 37018, would not 37016 possibly be Tac-1?

Bullet120

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone happen to know what is the TG Id for KCKs Fire Tac-1? Seems like dispatch sends fire calls to Tac-1, but Tac-1 is not listed in the Database.
If Fire dispatch is 37015 and Tac-2 is 37017 and Tac-3 is 37018, would not 37016 possibly be Tac-1?

One would make that logical assumption. I just now went to program my scanner to listen. For the last 10 days I was logging activity with UniTrunker. During that time, KCKFD Dispatch 37015 had 21,958 hits, 37016 had 2,055 hits, 37017 had 121 hits, 37018 had 47 hits, 37019 had 4 hits. So that would seem the logical progression for Tac channel assignments. I just finished programming, so I will only now start to listen to see if that thinking is correct.

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Confirmed KCKFD Talkgroups:
37015-Fire Dispatch
37016-Fire Tac-1
37017-Fire Tac-2

I was able to confirm these by listening to ops and watching the control channel activity simultaneously (via Pro96com).

mgolden2

Is KCKFD in the clear? I can't hear them at all when I'm at home (64th and I-29) so I'm doing some stuff at my parents house in kck and am locked on fire dispatch but it's very quiet so that's why I'm wondering if they are enc or unencrypted. Thanks guys

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Is KCKFD in the clear? I can't hear them at all when I'm at home (64th and I-29) so I'm doing some stuff at my parents house in kck and am locked on fire dispatch but it's very quiet so that's why I'm wondering if they are enc or unencrypted. Thanks guys

All remains clear on the fire side. I'm fairly close to the 64th and I-29 area and can hear them at a decode rate between 23-60% (simulcast "bouncing" is horrible today).

mgolden2

Cool thanks! I'm actually at 68th and Prairie View, on a side street named Klamm. Thanks for the comparative signal report!

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Kck sucks for ruining their radio system and our ability to monitor them.

That ADP is really hindering KCMO PD and KCKPD from talking to each other (easily) during pursuits. KCPD North Zone had a chase last night that ended at 9th and Quindaro, and it was a nightmare for the helicopter to coordinate with both agencies. I think that right there would be reason enough for them to relax on the encryption (doubt it will happen, though).

Status
Not open for further replies.