Kansas City metro area MARRS P25 System (2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgolden2

I don't know if it's a seasonal thing, or they've been tweaking the system, but my decode for KC MARRS has improved drastically from a month ago.
4 bars and 99% decode, with an occasional dip to 96%
Could be seasonal. The 800 MHz frequencies are not absorbed by leaves on trees but rather the signals bounce off them. Thus, in the wintertime when the leaves are off the trees, your reception may improve slightly because those frequencies can move easier between the transmitter and your receiver.

Matt in KC

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know what talkgroup Public Safety Dispatch is used on the KCMO system? I've looked through the databases and couldn't find anything. It's labeled as "PS Disp" in our issued radios, and is mostly used for dispatch center to dispatch center communications (very similar to the old "Police Mutual Aid" frequency).

BigC801

Does anyone know what talkgroup Public Safety Dispatch is used on the KCMO system? I've looked through the databases and couldn't find anything. It's labeled as "PS Disp" in our issued radios, and is mostly used for dispatch center to dispatch center communications (very similar to the old "Police Mutual Aid" frequency).
It is 30281.

BigC801

For a long time it was only used for announcements about system wide down time for updates. Now IPD and KCMO are using it a lot, much like 155.475 was used

When IPD had the mall riot they called for an assist form KCMO on 30281 and anytime they are in a pursuit they call on there first for other agency's to switch to Reg CMN 3.

Johnson Co and KHP have been using it too the last few weeks.

mgolden2

PS DISP is used for PSAP-to-PSAP contact. All 911 centers in the 9 county MARC region who use the MARRS system have this tg available for communicating with each other.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Is this a "patched" channel? In the past I've seen several channels patched with it. Lately it has just been it. Any how, nice to hear that voodoo traffic from JACO, IPD, KCK and CASSCO. glad to hear they are still doing something than working in microwaves.

sabres

BC536HP Programming Recommendations

Hello everyone. Relatively new to the KC area and currently have the BC536HP to monitor the MARRS system. Scanner is currently down in the northern Cass County area, and is hooked up to an outside scanner antenna. Current interests include scanning/monitoring all Metro area fire depts in the six county system. In terms of programming, I've taken the following approach:

a) Individual favorite lists for each county (separate quick key for each)
b) KCFD programmed on a dedicated favorite key
c) Individual talk group/dept assigned to the closest county simulcast frequencies (other simulcast sites deleted to avoid multi-site signal distortion).
d) 700/800 MHz band defaults set to FM

Above said, I still have had no luck picking up anything from Wyandotte, Johnson, Clay, or Platte Counties. KCFD transmissions are sporadic at best given the amount of activity the dept normally is inundated with. So my question is, should I re-install the other simulcast site frequencies? Should I leave the 700/800 MHz band defaults set to FM? And finally, is there anything I can do to help "fine-tune" the scanner to pick the MARRS transmissions up more frequently?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.