Kansas City, MO Ambulance to Hospital Communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElliotGillum

Premium Subscriber
I haven't been able to find any frequencies for EMS that are in route to the hospital after picking up a patient. If someone could please direct me to that information or list it here that would be great.

clayman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6900SP)

Most EMS units are using talkgroups on Motorola trunked systems around the city. If you check the RR database, you should see some Med channel talkgroups under most of the Moto TRS's in the city. Occasionally there are still a few on the UHF med channels.

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
Here is what you want:

Required is a scanner that will do trunked TypeII motorola.

Missouri Side of the KC Metro Hopsitals can be found here:

Raytown Public Safety - 800 MHz (Jackson) Trunking System, Raytown, Missouri - Scanner Frequencies

Kansas Side (JoCo) KC Metro Hopsitals can be found here:

Johnson County Trunking System, Johnson County, Kansas - Scanner Frequencies

Kansas Side (WyCo) KC Metro Hopsitals can be found here:

Kansas City KS Public Safety Trunking System, Kansas City, Kansas - Scanner Frequencies

Here is the link to the MARCER Site explaining it all:

MARCER Med Channel Communications

Enjoy!

Last edited:

ElliotGillum

Premium Subscriber
Unlisted DEC Number

There is an ID number of 33056 that is not listed as a DEC that corresponds with a talk group tag. I suspect it is part of the Juvenile Justice System, but I just wanted to check with you and see what you though.

clayman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6900SP)

JaCo juvenile stuff is all type 1 (xxx-x) format. If you didn't program the fleetmap, you will get 5 digit numbers that correspond to the radio # instead of the talkgroup.

ElliotGillum

Premium Subscriber
There was an ambulance in front of my house today (I live in Kansas City, MO and it was a MAST ambulance) and I activated the signal stalker function on my scanner to see what was going on. The frequency that came up was 813.337500 and by questioning my neighbor and comparing the information revealed from the scanner I confirmed that this frequency is in fact one of the KCMO MAST frequencies. I then went ahead and compared that frequency to all of the frequencies listed on this thread to see which talk group contains the MAST ambulance radio communications. I discovered that this frequency was not listed anywhere on the above links. I then search the FCC frequency data base to find out who this frequency was registered to in the KCMO Metro area. The only result that came back was as follows: FCC Callsign WPGP232 Details So, my question is... Are these frequencies the frequencies that MAST ambulance uses in KCMO? Any suggestions?

Last edited:

hkrharry

Member - RR DB AdminMo/Ks
Database Admin
What your were hearing was the ambulance to hospital comms( ie: the input to the trunk).
for reporting the patient status to the ER.

What facility did they take the party to, that will determine what Trunk System they used to talk to the hospital on.

Those freqs are the Wyco/KcKs 800 Trunk. if it was a heart problem they may have taken him/her to KU, hence the KcKs freq you tagged.

HH

There was an ambulance in front of my house today (I live in Kansas City, MO and it was a MAST ambulance) and I activated the signal stalker function on my scanner to see what was going on. The frequency that came up was 813.337500 and by questioning my neighbor and comparing the information revealed from the scanner I confirmed that this frequency is in fact one of the KCMO MAST frequencies. I then went ahead and compared that frequency to all of the frequencies listed on this thread to see which talk group contains the MAST ambulance radio communications. I discovered that this frequency was not listed anywhere on the above links. I then search the FCC frequency data base to find out who this frequency was registered to in the KCMO Metro area. The only result that came back was as follows: FCC Callsign WPGP232 Details So, my question is... Are these frequencies the frequencies that MAST ambulance uses in KCMO? Any suggestions?

ElliotGillum

Premium Subscriber
I realize it was the ambulance to ER comm, now I am trying to find out what system that frequency belongs to. Will you be a little more specific as to where that frequency is listed and in what system? I cannot seem to find it. I did not see it under KCK/WYCO, maybe I'm just missing it.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I realize it was the ambulance to ER comm, now I am trying to find out what system that frequency belongs to. Will you be a little more specific as to where that frequency is listed and in what system? I cannot seem to find it. I did not see it under KCK/WYCO, maybe I'm just missing it.

813.3375 is the input so add 45.0000 MHz to that and you get 858.3375 which is the output frequency and it is listed in this system Kansas City KS Public Safety Trunking System, Kansas City, Kansas - Scanner Frequencies
The input frequencies are usually hidden here at RR although many pages let you show them. I did not see the option to view the hidden input frequencies when viewing this trunk system so that may be why you could not find the frequency listed.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I just looked at a few trunked systems and it appears they do not offer the option to view the hidden input frequencies for those systems here at RR.
When you are viewing the info for an entire county then you can view the inputs.
I think for trunked systems, if you drill down through the links given for a particular trunk system that you will eventually end up at the FCC site which will show the inputs after more drilling down!

I know the old rule was the input was always 45 MHz lower then the output (on 800 MHz systems) so if you are close calling a mobile radio such as the ambulance, add 45 to the result to get the output frequency and search here on that.
I'm not sure if the 45 MHz rule applies to the newer 700 and 900 MHz systems so maybe someone else can clarify that. I'm also not sure if re-banded systems still follow that rule but I'd think they would as the entire 800 band was setup with actual channel numbers and older equipment would need the standard 45 MHz split in order to still function.

The same thing holds true for the UHF 450 MHz band and VHF High bands.
The VHF band does not really follow a rule as I've seen some really bizarre splits but the UHF 450 band almost always has the input 5 MHz higher then the ouput so it is reverse of the 800 band. I've also seen reverse splits in the UHF 450 band used here in St. Louis but only on some news media repeaters. Those had the input on the lower frequency of the pair instead of the common upper frequency.

For VHF, I'm licensed for a VHF high band repeater that has the input 6.595 MHz above the output. I don't think there is anything standard about that split and think that is just what the local coordinator found for me. I know I've done searches on it before and found other users in the area that used the same input but a different output. That user was causing interference into my repeater input. They are a local municipalities water department and had installed an antenna from a mobile rig converted to a base atop one of their very tall water towers! A phone call remedied that issue as their license did not allow for antennas other then portable or mobile use while transmitting on their input frequency. So they had thrown a gain antenna atop a 100+ foot tall large water tower attached to a 20 watt mobile radio. The resulting signal would easily overcome my small portables signal into my repeater!

scannerowner

I was just watching KCTV5 and they showed inside an ambulance that was MAST now KCFD EMS, a Motorola 800 MHZ radio that they use for communications, so looks like they use mostly the Motorola 800 systems as stated above. Just thought I would share the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.