Kansas City PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kb0nhx

I have a Radio Shack PRO-2067 scanner. When I go to Kansas City to visit relatives, I cannot seem to get it to trunk the EDACS system up there at all. I programmed the frequencies in logical channel number, with number 01 at the lowest channel number in my bank dedicated to this system. However, when I scan the talk groups that I enter from the lists I've found on the web, I don't hear any traffic. However, if I scan in open mode, I hear all sorts of stuff but the talk groups that the scanner decodes are different than what I've put in. I have been entering the 4 digit talk groups, like 1312 (which may not be a good talk group, just using it as an example of the format).

Can anyone advise what I may be doing incorrectly?

Thank you

ksmoscanner

I no longer have my 2067 so Im taking a shot in the dark here.......

Do you have LCN 01 in Ch 01 or Ch 00??

If LCN 01 is in the lowest channel in the bank that would put all the freqs 1 channel too low....since it should be at Ch 01 not Ch 00 (or whatever the lowball is for the bank)

Anyone confirm this operation.....

Gregg

kb0nhx

KCPD

I'm pretty positive it's in ch 00. I'll try re-formatting it and see what happens. I have heard that the LCN has to match with the channel # in other reading, but just learned that tonight in fact from my Monitoring Times magazine. First time I'd ever heard that. I just figured if you had it in LCN, didn't matter what channel number it was on. Thanks!

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Re: KCPD

kb0nhx said:
I'm pretty positive it's in ch 00. I'll try re-formatting it and see what happens. I have heard that the LCN has to match with the channel # in other reading, but just learned that tonight in fact from my Monitoring Times magazine. First time I'd ever heard that. I just figured if you had it in LCN, didn't matter what channel number it was on. Thanks!
EDACS LCN is determined by the system manager setup and can have gaps. None will use channel 00 because the two way radios do not have 00. KCMO and Overland Park EDACS run from 01 up without gaps.

Attached in the zip are four spg files for KC. You can cut/paste to suite your needs or if KCMO is all that you need, use Kansas City.spg as is. I used KC area.spg a couple of years ago with success but we only stay one night each direction while traveling through.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
After submitting my last, I looked back and found you have not mentioned using software to program the scanner. You can download the free Win92 software to use with this scanner.
After unzipping the spg's, open with Win92 for viewing. You can purchase a cable to load the file into the scanner. Radio Shack cable number is 20-289.

kb0nhx

KCPD

I most definately use the software to program it. I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm not sure if it's win92 that I use or not, but will check. Thank you very much. I had no idea that putting it in the wrong channel like that would create such a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.