BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Kansas City

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucke14

Just bought the bcd436hp. I would say I am an above novice user of scanners. I'm having trouble picking up any KC MO police. Firmware is up to date as is the data base. I have all the correct service types set to on and I feel that the range is set high enough. Any advice would be great.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
What do you mean by "having trouble" picking up transmissions? Are you getting some, but the sound is bad, or absolutely nothing at all?

If you even get just a little something, that confirms programming is correct. Then it would be on to other things to check.

If you get absolutely nothing, then I'd suspect something in programming or setup.

Have you tried creating a Favorites List or are you scanning the full database?

A good video on creating a Favorites List is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECOUceSdVCo

JTR604

I have a Home Patrol 1 and I live West of Kansas City Kansas I have found that alot depends on what type of antenna you are using and the one that came with the unit did not perform well for what I was wanting to receive. I am able to pick up kck fire, kcmo fire, jo co fire, along with efd and bsfd. with that being said i also have found that you have to find if you will a sweet spot where your scanner can receive the control channel which sends data to your scanner and allows you to receive transmissions. I have a friend that lives to the west and he is unable to receive kcmo fd or joco fd at all. Are you on the Kansas or Missouri side ?

Status
Not open for further replies.