Kansas Dirt Track Race Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0TDB

Premium Subscriber
We have several dirt tracks in Central and Western Kansas. I have been able to locate a few of the track offical's frequencies using the FCC database. I can't seem to locate any frequencies for the Dodge City Raceway Park. I attended the World of Outlaws race there last year and by "searching" I was able to find a couple of frequencies. The scanner I used for that search is no longer working so I've lost those frequencies. Now, when I do a search in the FCC database, there is nothing listed for the Dodge City Raceway Park. Does anyone happen to have those frequencies, or know how to obtain them? Google hasn't helped at all.
Thanks!

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
...I don't have any freq.s for any of the tracks that far West, but, what I do when I go to a new track is find some one with a scanner and ask them for the freq's...I will try some of my dirt track connections here in the state and see if anyone knows anything.

K0TDB

Premium Subscriber
Oddly enough, not many seem to bring scanners to the local dirt tracks. Last year when I did for the first time, a guy asked, "What are you listening to, the Royals?" I did a search and that is how I was able to find the frequencies. I do appreciate your help!

kd0ega

Premium Subscriber
Oddly enough, not many seem to bring scanners to the local dirt tracks.

...Apparently there is not the drama at your local tracks like there is here....if you really want to know what is going on, a scanner is a must....officials that have NO business officiating a race....calls purposely made that directly effect the outcome of a race resulting in innocent drivers loosing points...drama Queens in the scoring tower.....I can go on and on, you get the point.

When a sanctioning organization like the World of Outlaws, I.M.C.A, NCRA, USMTS etc. etc. have a big show at a track they more often then not bring their own radio gear.....so if your going to WoO sprint car races, you would need their frequencies and if your going to the weekly races at Dodge City you will need the track frequencies as well......still working on it from this end, will see if anyone down around Wichita knows anything.

Speaking of radio, KSAL A.M 1150 (Salina) has a racing talk show that is on 6 p.m Tuesdays....might be worth a try and give them a call and see if anyone in the radio audience has any info.

K0TDB

Premium Subscriber
I am going to the WoO in Dodge in July. Finding the WoO frequencies has not been a problem. Hays has the RPM speedway. I was able to get thier frequencies from the FCC license database. I know for a fact Dodge City Raceway Park has thier own radio system, as they used it last year during the WoO. It was in the 450MHz range. one would "think" they would be licensed for this and it would be in the FCC database as well. It very well may be there under an individuals name. All of this would be null and void if my scanner wouldn't have shot craps on me, OR if I would have written the frequencies down. If all else fails, I will search 450MHz - 460MHz. I'll find it and when I do, I'll share it here!!

K0TDB

Premium Subscriber
Speaking of radio, KSAL A.M 1150 (Salina) has a racing talk show that is on 6 p.m Tuesdays....might be worth a try and give them a call and see if anyone in the radio audience has any info.

Thanks for this info as well. I will give it a listen!

NR0W

did a little looking looks like the track is owned by dodge city /ford country managed by USAC. Guessing maybe city or county freqs or maybe USAC freqs but didn't find a lot of them listed.

shocker81

81 Speedway operates on 154.570. That is frequency #2. Frequency #1 is 151.805 but it is not being used because it is the same frequency as the Jabara Airport and there was to much interference with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.