Kansas roll call

SCPD

QRT
For those of interest, LV City PD / FD, will be going to Digital early summer of 2014. Thanks for the time.

factorone

For those of interest, LV City PD / FD, will be going to Digital early summer of 2014. Thanks for the time.

Leavenworth Fire has been simulcasting on the KSICS for a couple of years now. PD hasn't, but Lansing is supposed to just be waiting on radios at this point.

Redneck0410

Checking in from Reno County

Not intending to drag an old thread out of the mud, but actively monitoring KSICS from Hutchinson on a Pro-652. Also have a BCT15X monitoring analog alongside it. Been hooked on scanners for 25 years, owned many of them over the years.

joeuser

The Wretched
Not intending to drag an old thread out of the mud, but actively monitoring KSICS from Hutchinson on a Pro-652. Also have a BCT15X monitoring analog alongside it. Been hooked on scanners for 25 years, owned many of them over the years.

Its the purpose of this thread, to introduce ourselves to each other & hopefully make new acquaintances. Although the thread appears to be used for other random topics from time to time

Redneck0410

Its the purpose of this thread, to introduce ourselves to each other & hopefully make new acquaintances. Although the thread appears to be used for other random topics from time to time

Yeah, but I'm in no way new to this site, as you can see by my join date. I've been all over the midwest for working and living, but Hutchinson has always been home to me.

R

retiredmich

I listen to Leavenworth City & Leavenworth County, KHP on I-70 from KCK to Manhattan Ks & west to Colorado when going west, & South on I-35

Hello Everyone! I was born and raised in Hutchinson (Reno County) I currently live in Johnson County, KS. I am active in Amateur Radio in Johnson County which influences my scanner listening. However when the scanner is on I listen to Johnson County and KCMO on MARRS system. I also listen to KSICS towers in Olathe, Wyndotte County, and Douglas County occasionally. If anyone is in the area stop by repeater 145.290 (-) PL 151.4 and say hello. My call sign is KU0FAN.

joeuser

The Wretched
Hello Everyone! I was born and raised in Hutchinson (Reno County) I currently live in Johnson County, KS. I am active in Amateur Radio in Johnson County which influences my scanner listening. However when the scanner is on I listen to Johnson County and KCMO on MARRS system. I also listen to KSICS towers in Olathe, Wyndotte County, and Douglas County occasionally. If anyone is in the area stop by repeater 145.290 (-) PL 151.4 and say hello. My call sign is KU0FAN.

Welcome!

Hello Joeuser,
No that repeater is the local Johnson County Radio Amateur Club. On most occasions it is a very active repeater. There are several K-Link repeaters in the area. Prior to obtaining my call sign I listen to the scanner every minute I was awake. Since I monitor local repeaters and listen to the scanner less. KCMO Central and Metro Districts seem to be where the action is majority of the time. Seems more IDs are becoming encrypted which in return limits what can be listen to. I use to occasionally listen to KCK and Wyndotte County. Now they are all encrypted. At times I listen to Douglas County and KU campus.

mijo

Hello all, I have been a part of this group for some time, just didn't post live in central kansas, Pawnee county have had scanners for several years mainly used it to hear from local pd if there was any upcoming tornado's or severe weather coming. favorite scanner was the pro 95 because it has worked for years but recently purchased a bcd436 to be able to listen to digital traffic.

riche_2

Premium Subscriber
Hello. I live in Jackson county and listen to public safety and armature radio. I use a R/S PRO 652 and an old Realistic 2006.

Redneck0410

Hutchinson ks. here. Just getting started with scanner bcd996p2.
How's that scanner working here? I bought the RS Pro-652 and Pro-106 last year and while I am somewhat satisfied with the digital decode, the VHF and UHF here leave a lot to be desired when compared to my 5-year old BC15X I still use from time to time. I mostly monitor all the surrounding counties (Rice, Stafford, and Pratt) which are still on analog, and here recently I have started to pick up some stuff out of Barton County and up in Salina from downtown Hutch (I live next to the Amtrak station. My antennas face north, which I feel helps a ton. Maybe we can compare notes sometime or chew the fat.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

Last edited: