Kansas Statewide Interoperable System

Status
Not open for further replies.

LL59

I have a Uniden BCD536HP scanner that I'm having trouble getting it to scan the Kansas Statewide Interoperable System. I use the Sentinel program to load the information on the scanner. When I first got the scanner, I had it setup to scan and the Counties and departments I wanted to listen to. It was a phase 1 system at the time and when they switched to phase 2 I can no longer get it to scan the system. I have found I can manually go to the department I want to listen to and it works. When I try to scan just the Statewide system the scanner shows nothing to scan. I have several local analog departments programed on the scanner and it will scan them. I have checked the avoids and don't find a problem there. I'm sure it's a setting somewhere in the programing I'm missing but can not figure it out. I know another guy here in our town that is having the same problem. I did update the firmware and the master data base but did not help any. Can someone help guide me to what I need to do to get the system working again.

tvengr

Well Known Member
First - In the profile editor make sure the appropriate service types are enabled. Make sure that Download and Monitor are both On for the favorites list. If you are using quick keys, make sure the quick keys for the favorites list, systems, departments, and sites are enabled. If you attach your favorites list, I will check it for problems. In Sentinel, highlight the favorites list, go to the File tab, and Export to hpe file (Favorites List). You will need to right click on the exported file and Send to Compressed (zipped) folder to be able to attach it. Click on Attach files and Open the zipped folder.

LL59

Thank you for the reply. I will look at Download and Monitor tonight. I am not using quick keys yet. I will try and send you the favorites list tonight also.

LL59

tvengr I attached the file for the Kansas Statewide system as I downloaded onto my scanner. I hope I did it right. I have tried loading it without all the avoids but that didn't help. Thank you for looking at it.

Attachments

• Kansas Statewide Interoperable.zip
    26.6 KB · Views: 15

Jimbnks

Premium Subscriber
tvengr I attached the file for the Kansas Statewide system as I downloaded onto my scanner. I hope I did it right. I have tried loading it without all the avoids but that didn't help. Thank you for looking at it.

Looking at what you posted Ellsworth tower is on avoid, that might be the problem. Turn it back on and see if that fixes the issue.

LL59

Glad you were able to find the problem. Thanks for the assistance. I just got back to the forum.
Thank you for taking the time to help. I'm still learning what everything is when setting up programing the scanner.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Kansas has a great P25 system. My 436HP worked flawlessly on this system. It is worth the effort. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.