KC,MO Frequency Question - Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesj

Hey there.. I'm baffled by something, and can't seem to figure it out.

I have entered the Kansas City, MO ED freqs into my scanner, which is working great. I'm having a problem with another set of KCMO frequencies, which keep being identified as System "B".

The freqs consist of:

I'm not sure if these are Motorola or EDACS, and there is no control channel present in that list. It's in my radio shack trunking guide like this, and in the RR Database, plus trunkscanner.com.

Any ideas how to get these working right? If they are Motorola, can I just group them in with the other KCMO frequencies under "System A" and see if it grabs the control channel there?

Thanks for all of your help!
Steven

jcecklund

Steve,

Don't pay much attention to the "B" system, this has to do with the Plaza area, it is a sub-system for the Police and Fire department which has to be turned on and off by the Police department, it is rarely used.

just use your current working freqs.

JC

sesj

jcecklund said:
Steve,

Don't pay much attention to the "B" system, this has to do with the Plaza area, it is a sub-system for the Police and Fire department which has to be turned on and off by the Police department, it is rarely used.

just use your current working freqs.

JC
awesome.. that's what I needed to know! Thanks for answering that question for me, I appreciate it!

-Steven

KCrADIOgEEK

jcecklund said:

The above statement is not 100% correct...

That freq set is the KC PLAZA Multisite tower (a fill-in tower for a bad coverage area). It is not turned on & off by the PD - it is constantly
on, but is only allowed to pass a small number of PD/FD talkgroups in particular.
The Plaza site is only active if a valid users radio logs into it (PD/FD radios automatically roam to it if it is the strongest Control Channel).

PD Metro Zone is a heavy user of Plaza tower.

I would agree that it is not much to listen to, unless your monitoring location is real close to it & you like listening the PD Metro Zone......

(Tower is located on the UMKC campus... The EDACS site is co-located with the UMKC Moto Trunked 800 System as well).

Status
Not open for further replies.