KC1UA Shack For 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Very nice set up. What make/model are the five speakers mounted to the rack?

Sorry, I never responded to this question. As I recall they were just generic type communications speakers either bought on Amazon or eBay. I've had them for several years. They sound good. Nothing fancy or great about them but they fit into the space available perfectly.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Hi Folks,

I've been working on this room for months literally as time has allowed and I "think" I have it to where I want it to be (for now anyways...).

Equipment is as follows: Airspy R2, SDRPlay RSPdx, 2 Airspy Mini's, Uniden BCD536HP (main scanner). In the rack I have an Icom IC-R8500, 2 Uniden BCT15's, 1 Uniden BCD996XT, 1 Uniden BCT15X, and 1 Uniden BCD996P2 that is connected to ProScan running constantly for unattended logging. There is also my old trusty antenna patch panel that involves a 4 port and 8 port Stridsberg multicoupler as well as one of the good ol' Electroline multicouplers. The amateur radio is a Yaesu FT-991A that utilizes a MFJ-993B tuner for two multi-band doublet wire antennas that I purchased from trueladderline.com. Equipment is powered by 3 different Samlex SEC1223 power supplies. There are 3 PC's, all mini's, 2 Dells and 1 HP, all running Windows 10. There is also a Raspberry Pi that runs PiAware for ADS-B aircraft tracking. My data is shared with FlightAware and I am using the FlightAware ProStick Plus dongle. I also have a tower that is mounted to the right side of my house. The tower supports a Comet GP-15N at the top, a side mounted Scantenna, side mounted Comet GP-6NC, ADS-B antenna, weather station, and is the center support for both HF wire antennas. The Yagi is a 900 MHz and is not currently in use. There is also a second desk in the shack and a 32" HDTV mounted on the wall behind the radio desk (no pic of this). There are also several portable scanners and ham tranceivers (not shown).
That antenna, I think my wife would leave - cause she sure as heck would not ask me to move out after all that! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.