KC2GIK'S Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

Well after years of looking at shacks, it was time I built my own, with the help with my mom. Real simple the top shelf is my BC996T. Bottom shelf BC15, a Radio Shack Weather Radio and Yaesu FT-897 which is hooked up to the Toshiba Satallite Laptop seen on theright!!

Attachments

• SHACK2.jpg
    SHACK2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 2,698

NYRHKY94

Nice job on the shelving Justin. Looks good! Nice to see you added the digital scanner. By the way, I would be very interested in how your 996T handles the digital decode for Franklin Lakes PD. My 796D does "OK" with Franklin Lakes, but it still has that underwater sound that I find on the Unidens (when compared to GRE). I updated the 796D with the latest firmware, but I'm still not thrilled with how Franklin Lakes PD sounds.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

jaymatt1978

I've had my call since 2000 so technically YOU would be stealing MY CALL. I'm a General you're a Tech, therefor I out rank you! Yes this is playful banter! :)

N2JDS

just wondering, does your weather radio get the audio better than your scanner does? I have a weather audio streaming on wunderground.com, but I can't get rid of a mild static on a Pro-92, even with outside antenna. Just wondering if it is tuned better for those few channels.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Not to wander off topic, but i was licensed in 1999 :p just playing ofc.

Nice simple shack BTW! What do you typically monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.