KC2VLF's new listening post

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefox42692

Personally, I like your "Shack" as it is/was. I read the part about your high school budget, and figured you were not active or veteran military, but supported our military, especially the Marine Corps. I am PROUD that you have the sense and dignity to exhibit our fine flag, and commend you for that. Unfortunately, instead of appreciating that, you were called out in public for it. I am able to get PM's here, and I am sure you are too, so I feel it should have been done that way. Now, back to you and the shack. Many of us started the way you have. When I started, there was a lot of room for experimentation, and we did it. I remember laying on the floor at my Grandfather's, and listening to German programs on his shortwave radio in the living room. He would translate it for me, and was his way of staying in touch with his home It was a big part of what got me interested in radio. I used all kinds of things to make things to hear, as well as get on the air. After high school, I started to a tech school to further my education, but was called by Uncle SAM to serve this fine Country. After returning, I followed electronics a bit, and once again became active in SWL, Scanning, and Ham Radio. My career had changed though from electronics to Public Safety. This too had been something as a kid I wanted to do, and it came naturally after my service. I spent over 30 years in it, and am now able to enjoy my radio hobby. I still work, as I found that if I didn't, I got real lazy, and gained weight!! Keep up the interest, experimenting, and looking at new things. It all pays off somehow.
Knightrider.

Finally a down to earth person!
Personally i completely agree with the whole use of PM instead of comments.

I got started when i was about 9ish and i wanted to hear what was happening at fires or other calls in my town. i bought my first scanner and i had it on all the time and everywhere with me on bike rides, road trips, etc..
I got my second scanner from my brother when he moved away and i recently found a hole in the wall where i can wire a speaker to my basement. so when I'm down there with my trains and my pager for the FD has no reception, i can hear the call get dispatched as well as the rest of the county. when i got my pager i started leaving my scanner home, and now that i have text-paging on my phone, i carry neither so i really only listen when I'm home now.

by the way, what does 73 stand for?

ltjweiss

personally im glad you even have a flag up, you dont see that enough now a days. i wish i got into radios alot earlier than i did, my comms officer got me into them so i bought one (a scanner) right after i "retired" from service. still glad your displaying your colors right or wrong, i still have to put colors of my own up. and bravo once again on the computer power supply. and stick with your radio hobby its a great one to have, keeps us all out of trouble.

firefox42692

personally im glad you even have a flag up, you dont see that enough now a days. i wish i got into radios alot earlier than i did, my comms officer got me into them so i bought one (a scanner) right after i "retired" from service. still glad your displaying your colors right or wrong, i still have to put colors of my own up. and bravo once again on the computer power supply. and stick with your radio hobby its a great one to have, keeps us all out of trouble.

haha thanks

Dirge

haha yeah that is a computer power supply. the idea actually worked, which surprised me.

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> I'm going to steal that idea. To think of the few dozen power supplies I've sent to the recycling center!:mad:

NYCRADIO

its just shack envy lol people get jealous and will stare at the pics in till they find something to complain about nice shack bro

firefox42692

<style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> I'm going to steal that idea. To think of the few dozen power supplies I've sent to the recycling center!:mad:

haha no problemo. let me know how it comes out!

firefox42692

its just shack envy lol people get jealous and will stare at the pics in till they find something to complain about nice shack bro

yeahh i know. sorry for displaying my colors right!! people these days haha. and thanks, its simple but it does its job.

Status
Not open for further replies.