KC2VLF's new listening post

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefox42692

I'm working on getting some more radios but on a high school budget, craigslist has nothing good.

The desktop scanner is a Uniden BCT148XT
The portable is a Radioshack Pro 82

The bearcat's antenna is the shorter one with 2 coils
The Pro 82 uses the older Signal Kicker CB antenna

The car radio under the desk was merely a test of my ingenuity.
it runs off a computer power supply, and gets pretty good reception too.

Attachments

• 100_0762.jpg
    100_0762.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,772
  • 100_0767.jpg
    100_0767.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,762
  • 100_0769.jpg
    100_0769.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 1,766
  • 100_0771 copy.jpg
    100_0771 copy.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 1,756
  • 100_0768.jpg
    100_0768.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 1,762

firefox42692

kick a** counter tops, i just installed those in my kitchen, is that a computer power supply for your pioneer radio, great idea!

these counter tops are kick a**! I love them! haha yeah that is a computer power supply. the idea actually worked, which surprised me.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
If you want to be technical the flag is not suppose to be hung that way, because as the story goes, the colors can run out of the end of the stripes!

Mike

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
I also thought that the military flag manuals specified "no fringe" on the national standard...

firefox42692

If you want to be technical the flag is not suppose to be hung that way, because as the story goes, the colors can run out of the end of the stripes!

Mike

When I ran out of room I realized that was the only way to hang it. I'm not dumb I just have space issues.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
firefox,

No one is dogging you for displaying the colors (though they should be hung correctly). It soothes the soul to hand wash your national flag... be careful not to let the colors bleed.

firefox42692

firefox,

No one is dogging you for displaying the colors (though they should be hung correctly). It soothes the soul to hand wash your national flag... be careful not to let the colors bleed.

funny you should say that. i had forgotten why i had hung it that way until you guys all pissed in my cheerios.

so i took it down washed it very carefully, and i changed my room a little to make space for it to be the right way.

Bill1426

funny you should say that. i had forgotten why i had hung it that way until you guys all pissed in my cheerios.

so i took it down washed it very carefully, and i changed my room a little to make space for it to be the right way.

3 things...

1) All you have to do was turn it so the stars are in the upper left corner.
So there was no need to change your room..

2) In your signature, you state Semper-Fi.. hence, Marines..
If true, you should know how the flag should be placed..
You also use the term Lantz, but in actuality that is your last name..(good play on words I must say)

3) As we too are Proud Americans, and wish to see the flag flown properly..

Thank you for do this..

firefox42692

3 things...

1) All you have to do was turn it so the stars are in the upper left corner.
So there was no need to change your room..

2) In your signature, you state Semper-Fi.. hence, Marines..
If true, you should know how the flag should be placed..
You also use the term Lantz, but in actuality that is your last name..(good play on words I must say)

3) As we too are Proud Americans, and wish to see the flag flown properly..

Thank you for do this..

well no it wasnt just because the flag was backwards, i was also a little bit bored of my layout. and i figured since i was taking it down y not make evrything look better ya know?

"If true, you should know how the flag should be placed.." i DO know how. if u read my comment you would know that there was a stain on one side, and i only had room to hang it vertical hence the really wrong hanging position.

as for the fringe on the sides, all the flags i got from my grandfather are like that, all the flags at my firehouse are that way too.

I hope this solves everybody's problems for today!

knightrider

Personally, I like your "Shack" as it is/was. I read the part about your high school budget, and figured you were not active or veteran military, but supported our military, especially the Marine Corps. I am PROUD that you have the sense and dignity to exhibit our fine flag, and commend you for that. Unfortunately, instead of appreciating that, you were called out in public for it. I am able to get PM's here, and I am sure you are too, so I feel it should have been done that way. Now, back to you and the shack. Many of us started the way you have. When I started, there was a lot of room for experimentation, and we did it. I remember laying on the floor at my Grandfather's, and listening to German programs on his shortwave radio in the living room. He would translate it for me, and was his way of staying in touch with his home It was a big part of what got me interested in radio. I used all kinds of things to make things to hear, as well as get on the air. After high school, I started to a tech school to further my education, but was called by Uncle SAM to serve this fine Country. After returning, I followed electronics a bit, and once again became active in SWL, Scanning, and Ham Radio. My career had changed though from electronics to Public Safety. This too had been something as a kid I wanted to do, and it came naturally after my service. I spent over 30 years in it, and am now able to enjoy my radio hobby. I still work, as I found that if I didn't, I got real lazy, and gained weight!! Keep up the interest, experimenting, and looking at new things. It all pays off somehow.
Knightrider.

Status
Not open for further replies.