KC9JJS Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

cschmit

Finally had a bit of time today to take some pictures of my shack/office. The radios on top are (L to R) Pro-2066, BCD-396T, TH-K2AT, SC-200 and the radio hanging above the monitor is a FT-7800R. There are 2 computers at the desk and 4 more on the other side of the room.

KC9JJS_Shack1.jpg
KC9JJS_Shack2.jpg

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
No doubt someone will comment and tell you to straighten out/organize the wires. That is just for esthetics and is a preference. I think what counts is what you are able to receive or transmit. Pretty doesn't help in those departments.

cschmit

Exsmokey said:
No doubt someone will comment and tell you to straighten out/organize the wires. That is just for esthetics and is a preference. I think what counts is what you are able to receive or transmit. Pretty doesn't help in those departments.

Yea I figure someone will say something but oh well. I have most of the wires cleaned up and those are the few that are left. Having 2 very young kids doesn't warrant a lot of free time to do stuff like that, lol.

As for the glow of the radios, yea it is cool to sit in the room late at night, turn the monitors off and just have the glow of the scanners, Ham radios and my stereo equip. Makes for a nice enviroment.

daleduke17

cschmit said:
There is always one "smart" one in the group, lol :wink:

Yeah, there is. My wife showed me a shirt at Wal-Mart last night that fits me perfectly. It had a picture of a donkey on it, with the words under it of: "I'm a smart one"

The words/picture fit me waaaaaaaaay too well.

Exsmokey said:

That depends... if you have a problem during an emergency situation and can't trace it easily, valuable time is lost. That's why my preference is to organize. (That, and wire track is so cheap and easy to work with.)

Status
Not open for further replies.