KCLT ANG unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
I caught C130s (EPIC flight) out of KCLT using 376.025 a/a last evening. I'm almost certain they were out of KCLT because one plane asked the other to relay to NEWSREEL the status of an inop UHF radio, NEWSREEL is the callsign of the ANG CP at KCLT.

Does anyone know if this is a common a/a freq for these guys and if there are any other freqs worth monitoring.

thanks

RMPDCOP

Database Admin
I would monitor these.

Charlotte/Douglass IAP, NC (156th AS/145th AW) (C-130H)

Tower: 118.1, 126.4, 257.8
Approach: 120.05, 120.5, 124.0, 128.32, 134.75, 257.2, 307.8

156 AS/145 AW (C-130H)

Callsigns: CHAMP, EPIC, TRUDY

Command Post (NEWSREEL): 292.2
Air-Air: 138.2

trumpetman

Database Admin
Also add 292.25 in the list...that seems to be the new command post freq, but I haven't heard any traffic on either UHF to confirm if it's changed or not. Nice catch, I'm adding it to my radios as I type.

jplyler

Premium Subscriber
Also add 292.25 in the list...that seems to be the new command post freq, but I haven't heard any traffic on either UHF to confirm if it's changed or not. Nice catch, I'm adding it to my radios as I type.
ok, thanks. I'll add 292.25 as the new CP. I've always assumed 292.2 but haven't heard anything there in a long time.

spacellamaman

wow now that's wild

so forgive me for dragging this thread up, but this blew me away.

ok so i have only been mil air capable since black Friday 2014, ala BC125. being in the north of charlotte sticks area presents me with little to follow except for the C-130's that i have loved watching since i was a kid, and the relatively new development of the Rowan Blackhawks. this site helped me out right off the bat with the 292.25 beats 292.20 info (thank you trumpetman and rockymountcop? et al.). or else i would still be running outside under the flight path daily praying for a close call capture.

now i got lucky figuring out the blackhawk's UHF freq, but aside from that, its just RCAG's and the sometimes quite entertaining exploits of the KITTYHAWK CAP are the only things i ever hear that i know are local with certainty.

i have scoured the web, this site, find info from one and cross-ref to the other and gotten zip for results. I hear mil-air stuff, sure, but hearing HUNTRESS give DARKSTAR the cold shoulder all the time, no matter how many times he pleads with her to "Read me", eh, its kind of a letdown.

so i find this post today. must have used a slighty diff search term. hmmm i says, 376.025, i have 376.050 the thrice hourly FM CW freq but not this one. i punch it in this morning, priority, and find a high spot this evening.

picking up partials on 292.25, EPIC 20 is in the air at least. Then WHAMO 376.025 sparks up a familiar voice

" yeah I heard NEWSREEL , I can hear em fine, tell them somethings wrong with the UHF"

-from nearly four years ago
jplyler:
"I'm almost certain they were out of KCLT because one plane asked the other to relay to NEWSREEL the status of an inop UHF radio,"

Maybe it just struck me as crazier than it would the rest of ya'll, but JEEZ man when are they gonna replace that set!?!

Not to mention, I got to experience someone elses deja vu.

Status
Not open for further replies.