KCMO Weather Frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
The Weather frequency for KCMO Pleasant Hill's is 154.1300 . Is there another frequency # used for that location ? I am having a very difficult time recently to receive them, It use to be clear & strong signal, but not lately. Any Idea's ? jbxfire

PVPD730

Premium Subscriber
The Weather frequency for KCMO Pleasant Hill's is 154.1300 . Is there another frequency # used for that location ? I am having a very difficult time recently to receive them, It use to be clear & strong signal, but not lately. Any Idea's ? jbxfire

Seeing that you're located in Leavenworth...that's right on the western edge of the coverage area for that MERS repeater. If you were receiving them loud and clear before, that could've been due to favorable weather conditions which allowed a good signal (keep in mind that's just an uneducated guess). I almost hear them loud and clear near Parkville, MO (both on VHF and the MARRS digital talkgroup) when it's overcast. On clear weather days, forget about it. They come in broken about 90% of the time on the scanners, but no reception issues if I monitor them with one of the Motorola portables. Very strange.

Oh, and to answer your initial question...154.130 is the only frequency that is used for MERS. There aren't any others that I know of.

Last edited:

mgolden2

If you can monitor KCMO on your digital scanner, you will hears MERS on the KCMO digital system as the 154.130 freq is patched into its own talkgroup on the MARRS system.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Did an experiment with MERS Weather frequency out of KCMO 154.130 on my PRO 106 Digital police scanner & my Old conventional police scanner. Found out that my Old conventional scanner comes in LOUD & CLEAR. BUT ! , my Pro106 Digital scanner comes in static & broken up. Why is this ?
Thanks for the time, jbxfire

rankin39

You could try listening on the repeater input. Some you'll hear loud and clear while others will be inaudible. I don't know if the input is listed here on RR.com or not. If you're in LV city, check out out the MERS relay on the Fort Leavenworth military digital system. There is one, I think, but I can't remember the TG. Nor do I know if it's always turned on.

Otherwise, buy a little 3 element beam. I get 'em very well with a discone. And jbxfire is right. Different scanners yield different results. . . .

Bob, wOnxn

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
The weather moved from MERS to a MARRS trunk system talk group shortly after MARRS went on line. The MERS frequency (Metropolitan Emergency Radio System) 154.13 is patched to the MARRS weather talkgroup. Look for additional changes to MERS in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.