KCP&L Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabidmoose57

Here in St.Joseph, our Aquilla power service has just been taken over by KCP&L( Kansas City Power & Light) and I can't find thier freqs in the database, any ideas as to what they run?

rabidmoose57

Ah, a blind spot....

Thanks Tom, I must have developed a blind spot on that one, never even considered Aquila. As of yesterday the low band was still in use 47.840 for all the outage calls, 456.575 for plant operations. I hope they don't do an LTR system, but whatever it is, it is.( I'm putting an edited update on here, hope you don't mind.) Just after I posted this I did some detective work. KCP&L is owned by Great Plains Energy and the license is under thier name, not KCP&L. Its a 900 mhz Motorola Smartnet II system, with a system ID of 7733. It was in the database after all, just had to wake up enough brain cells to find it!

Last edited:

ksmoscanner

Has anyone heard any use on the Aquila LTR Multinet? Last I checked here in KC Metro they were still running conventional and had not began using the LTR system. Many of the conventional freqs are used at the LTR sites and many of those still carry the same conventional traffic. I have not noted any activity on any of the new freqs licensed for the multinet....anyone else??

Should be interesting to see if KCPL expands the 900 Smartnet TRS coverage into the aquired Aquila service areas or if Great Plains plans on leaving thew two seperate companies as is and use the existing systems.

Gregg in KC

rabidmoose57

You never know....

Well Gregg, all I can tell you is that the old low band was still in service this morning. Different voices, and a different call sign , but the same traffic. I programmed all the controls for the 900 stuff, and heard nothing there yet. Who knows hat tomorrow will bring?

Status
Not open for further replies.