Kearney FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

va3vff

Premium Subscriber
A few years back this area switched to DMR for the local FDs. I have been able to get the info for all but the Kearney FD. Does anyone have this? Looked everywhere I can think of.

mciupa

Have a look at these and see if any are active:

va3vff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I was looking at those but all are listed as analog. A friend thought it might be the 152.225 freq. but I am not getting anything on it. When they were analog I was able to get them from my location. At that time I was actually with the local dept. and we were all dispatched from the same comm centre. I was actually able to get Kearney from a handheld inside my house so I should receive them with my external ant. on a tower. Odd that the other depts. in the area are all listed on RR.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I was looking at those but all are listed as analog.

I'd give them all a try anyways - sometimes things are converted to digital but still showing as analog on the TAFL, I believe.

Perhaps they're sharing a repeater with someone else under a different ID? Would be worthwhile to listen to them all with ID SEARCH on (Uniden) and see if you hit something that was never added.

Andy_SDS100

Go to where you can switch your frequencies from agalog to digital for the ones your not hearing anything on see if you catch something

va3vff

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, I will give that a try. I have recently purchased a BCD996P2. First DMR capable scanner for me and the first Uniden in a very long time. Bit of a learning curve. Seems I had the freq that I programmed in set to a specific slot and CC. Since switched it to Search. Will have to wait till 17:00 for pager check to see if I get anything. Thanks again for the replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'd have a listen to 152.225MHz. It's a tower out on Chetwynd Road licensed to Kearney Fire. You might even see some periodic beacons from the site when it's not active. Don't go by what TAFL shows as analog or digital. Many departments or their service providers have not updated TAFL. Judging by the groups I've found so far, I would guess the Group would be 8000 or maybe 6000.

152.420/155.655 are used for Perry Township. It's a possibility that they might be on here as well. Magnetawan has it's own frequency so I suspect Kearney would as well.
153.725/155.130 are used for Lake of Bays.

The others are simplex channels.

I pass through the area quite frequently (went through yesterday) and haven't found that one yet. If you can update any of the others in the database please let us know. Most of the database entries are from me passing through so I'm sure I've missed a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:

va3vff

Premium Subscriber
The entries for Burk's Falls, Sprucedale, Perry, Huntsville and Magnetawan are all working great as per the database. In all likelihood the 152.225 is correct for Kearney but I had entered it incorrectly. It was the only one not directly downloaded from RR. I will know better after they have their pager test later today.

Thanks for the entries you have done and I will try to help out in that regard.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
No problem. Keep those channels on ID Search if you can. I'm sure there's lots of groups that I haven't found yet.

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Sometimes, but we've got a cottage up near Latchford, so we travel through there quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.