Keeping Driver Installed with Zadig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chgomonitor

Silent Key
So I use the Zadig program to install the driver for my assorted RTL2832 SDR sticks. Works very well. The only issue I have is that I have to run Zadig and install the driver every single time before I run the actual SDR receiver programs (HDSDR, SDR#, etc).

This works but it's getting old. Is there a way to install the driver using Zadig (or another method) so that it STAYS in the operating system?

Thanks in advance and Happy Scanning! - Ted

Envoys

First time I have heard about this...are you running zadig as administrator? Although I think on windows 7 it automatically asks to elevate privileges.

What operating system are you using?

Envoys

Windows 8 helps, did you disable driver signing as well? If not, you'll need to move your mouse to the bottom right corner or the screen and wait for the popup, don't click anything until the popup appears, then click the gear icon for settings, go into change pc settings and click on General, under advanced startup, click restart now, when pc boots to the advanced startup screen, click troubleshoot, then advanced options, click windows startup settings, then click restart. When the pc starts again, select to disable driver signature enforcement and then windows should load once you select this. Install the zadig drivers as administrator now once windows loads then reboot and hopefully the driver stays in place.

chgomonitor

Silent Key
Actually the first tip seems to have done the job (running Zading as Admin). Restarted the comp after loading the driver, waited for the reboot, fired up HDSDR and bingo on the target - started right up. Many thanks again - Ted

Status
Not open for further replies.