Keeping radio on all the time ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoia11

I leave my scanner running 24/7 and now that I have my new SDS 200 ,I was wondering if I should start shutting it off when not around I/E sleeping, out shopping, or just out side.

Would like your opinion on this, by the way my older scanner a 536 I have kept running since I purchased it several years ago.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I leave my scanner running 24/7 and now that I have my new SDS 200 ,I was wondering if I should start shutting it off when not around I/E sleeping, out shopping, or just out side.

Would like your opinion on this, by the way my older scanner a 536 I have kept running since I purchased it several years ago.
I always kept my 325P2 on without issues. It ran for about 3 months straight for logging an unknown system. Never had an issue, two way radios are a different story of course.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'd say the scanner was designed to be left on continuously. Look at all the things they do to allow folks to listen to their scanner via the internet. The only thing that can't be done remotely is power the scanner on/off.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I'd say the scanner was designed to be left on continuously. Look at all the things they do to allow folks to listen to their scanner via the internet. The only thing that can't be done remotely is power the scanner on/off.
On a 200, it is possible with other gear as it has a physical power switch.

paranoia11

I wouldn’t leave the display on all the time, instead set it to come on when a signal is present... or turn down its intensity.

I don't want it to end up like my 536, turning down the display and having it stay dim, because when I turn up the the display of the 536 it never got bright again.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I don't want it to end up like my 536, turning down the display and having it stay dim, because when I turn up the the display of the 536 it never got bright again.

Some early generation 536's had defective displays that Uniden will replace. Most likely you had one.

Status
Not open for further replies.