Keesler has EDACS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexus

I noticed today in the Harrison DB that there is a new "Unknown FEDERAL EDACS" listed there and the notes mention that it might possibly be KAFB... Who found that one????

I'm curious to find out who it is. I do know that Stennis Space Center is down there on 400mhz and from time to time they're very strong around I-110 mobile. When I get off work I'm going to load them up in my portable and drive around the base and find out what I can hear.

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=4709

Last edited:

nexus

Update:

UPDATE:

I programmed the LCNs into my 246t this morning after getting off work, I work
1 block from Keelser, and even drove up to the main gate and parked. I never
heard a control channel. I scanned the entire band 400mhz to 415mhz and nothing.

So I don't know what the person who reported a new TRS at or near keesler heard,
unless it was atmospheric conditions, or perhaps they heard Stennis because they
are using the same band but its not edacs its motorola. So I dunno...

bassmkenk2508

it was me.

I was scanning the fed 406 band. I picked it up fine at one point and then had to rush home to get ready for work, so i didnt have time to really listen and have not had a chance to since then (06/09/2006).

I will have to go back and test it out again. it is EDACS and my pro-96 picks up the LCN-02 as "ctrl-02". I was on hwy 90 just west of the I-110 beach exit when i set it up and tracked it succesfully using just a vhf/uhf ham portable antenna in my car.

I guess it was a mistake to assume it was keesler, especially with the ducting occuring well.

Will search stuff in LA and AL in the DB to see if something else could have picked up.

bassmkenk2508

my mistake everyone...

I must have picked up the NASA assembly plant in Michoud, LA. WOW!

the talkgroups look familiar.

milf, if you could delete the submitted system that would be great.

i also picked it up at my house in Latimer/Vancleave.

nexus

hahah its cool, everyone makes mistakes. It threw me for a loop when I read that though, because Keesler uses nothing but Motorola, and APCO25 for pretty much everything now. I was thinking SSC but then I noticed the freqs didn't match, and besides they're motorola. So I went ah scanning outside gate 3. nodda...

yeah those band openings are something else.

bassmkenk2508

i didnt expect to pick up something so far away. but i learned from this that researching neighboring states is important if what i find seems to be a 'weak signal' locally, with all this ducting going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.