Kendall County Boerne Texas Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

K9ROD

Anyone out there in this area? I just purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I've created a favorites list for this area. So far I don't think I've heard any Boerne PD traffic. Is it dispatched on the same channel as the county? If so, does anyone know the break down of the unit numbers, ie. 8509 or 8515 etc. - What unit numbers are BPD and what unit numbers are SO. Do the BPD units talk to each other on a TAC channel? Any help on how all of this is structured would be greatly appreciated. Rod, K9ROD

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations

Anyone out there in this area? I just purchased a Uniden BCD436HP. I've created a favorites list for this area. So far I don't think I've heard any Boerne PD traffic. Is it dispatched on the same channel as the county? If so, does anyone know the break down of the unit numbers, ie. 8509 or 8515 etc. - What unit numbers are BPD and what unit numbers are SO. Do the BPD units talk to each other on a TAC channel? Any help on how all of this is structured would be greatly appreciated. Rod, K9ROD

If you are attempting to create a Favorites list for your immediate area of monitoring, here is the radio system you are interested in hearing. Regarding the unit numbers, you will have to find out from those in the immediate area, provided they know. Otherwise, you will listen to the channels or talk groups listed below Kendall County. According to the RR DB, Boerne PD transmits on talk group 7011. I have the same radio you purchased. I no longer create Favorites list because I find the memory structure to be very annoying. Previously, I attempted to create a Favorites list for the Houston Metro area, but I found it to be quite tedious. So, now I either use the GPS or zip code method for listening. It is much less hassle to me. Lower Colorado River Authority (LCRA) P25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies

K9ROD

Reply to Favorits List

When I first got the radio a couple of days ago, I loaded my zip and kept narrowing the range down to get what I wanted. But even narrowed lower than 1 mile I still have agencies I don't wish to listen to. So, I created a favorites list. I did this because I'm only interested in hearing Kendal County SO and Fire, and Boerne PD and Fire. This helped me hear all of the replies and all of the beginnings of the dispatches. However, I'm not hearing anything on talk groups 7003, 04, 05, 06, and 11. I understand that some of these talk groups are used very little, what I'm asking is if the dispatch for the SO and the PD is combined and what car numbers correspond to the SO vs. the PD. Having been a LEO previously for 10 years I understand the radio structure, just looking for someone in this area that knows more about the local departments. Thanks, Rod

NC5267

7001 is the primary talkgroup and all LE in the county is on this (BPD, KCSO, Fair Oaks Ranch PD, DPS) 7002 is their "info" channel for LP, DL and warrant checks. the other talkgroups the 7003, 04,05, etc...are the Ops channels and are used at the dispatcher discretion. Boerne PD has a "Patrol 1" talkgroup they use for chit chat and Kendall SO has a "Kendall 1" used for the same.

Kendall County Talkgroups

DEC HEX Mode Alpha Tag Description Tag
7001 1b59 D Kendall SO Kendall County Law (includes Kendall County SO & Constables, Boerne & Fair Oaks Ranch PDs) Law Dispatch
7002 1b5a D Kendall Info Kendall County Dispatch Info (for all agencies dispatched on 7001) Law Tac
7003 1b5b D KC/Boer Ops1 Kendall Co./Boerne Ops 1 Multi-Tac
7004 1b5c D KC/Boer Ops2 Kendall Co./Boerne Ops 2 Multi-Tac
7005 1b5d D Boerne 1 Boerne/Kendall County Boerne 1 Multi-Tac
7006 1b5e D Boerne 2 Boerne/Kendall County Boerne 2 Multi-Tac
7007 1b5f D Kendall 1 Boerne/Kendall County Kendall 1 Multi-Tac
7008 1b60 D Kendall 2 Boerne/Kendall County Kendall 2 Multi-Tac
7011 1b63 D Boerne PD 1 Boerne Police "Boerne 1" Law Tac
7017 1b69 D FOR PD Talk Fair Oaks Ranch Police Department Talk Law Talk
7028 1b74 D KendallFDEMS Countywide Fire/EMS Dispatch (includes Boerne and Kendall) Fire Dispatch
7031 1b77 D BoerneFD/EMS Boerne Fire/Kendall EMS Response (part time patch) Fire Dispatch
7034 1b7a D BergheimFD 1 Bergheim Fire 1 Fire-Tac
7035 1b7b D BergheimFD 2 Bergheim Fire 2 Fire-Tac
7048 1b88 D KC Roads Kendall County Road Crews Public Works
7049 1b89 D Kend Co Road Kendall County Road Crews Public Works

K9ROD

Thanks

Thanks, That is the information I was looking for. Now I can better monitor those talk groups for what I really want. Rod K9ROD

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
K9 i listen to this feed daily. If you have any questions send me a message or reply here and I will help you.

K9ROD

Update

Thanks, I have since figured out how the different departments use each talk group. Lot of good stuff here. Also Boerne PD just went to Head cameras over the traditional body camera. The detail and quality of the video is awesome. That was a grant well worth the money. Rod

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
TG 7015 is being used tonight, police in Fair Oaks Ranch area coordinating something like traffic enforcement. Not ready to just call it FOPD since I didn't get any unit numbers yet, but that is another to look out for. I would like to nail down the VFD tac channels someday as well.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
rattlerbb01: This is what I have in my Uniden 396xt. This dispatchers assign an ops chanell to whoever needs it.

7001 1b59 D Kendall SO Kendall County Law (includes Kendall County SO & Constables, Boerne & Fair Oaks Ranch PDs)* Law Dispatch*
7002 1b5a D Kendall Info Kendall County Dispatch Info (for all agencies dispatched on 7001)* Law Talk*
7003 1b5b D Kend SO Ops1 Kendall County Ops 1* Multi-Tac*
7004 1b5c D Kend SO Ops2 Kendall County Ops 2* Multi-Tac*
7005 1b5d D Kend SO Ops3 Kendall County Ops 3* Multi-Tac*
7006 1b5e D Kend SO Ops4 Kendall County Ops 4* Multi-Tac*
7007 1b5f D Kend SO Ops5 Kendall County Ops 5* Multi-Tac*
7008 1b60 D Kendall 2 Boerne/Kendall County Kendall 2 * Multi-Tac*
7011 1b63 D Boerne PD 1 Boerne Police "Boerne 1"* Law Tac*
7017 1b69 D FOR PD Talk Fair Oaks Ranch Police Department Talk* Law Talk*
7023 1b6f D Kendall 1 Kendall 1* Multi-Tac*
7024 1b70 D Kendall 2 Kendall 2* Multi-Tac*
7028 1b74 D Kend Fire 1 Countywide Fire/EMS Dispatch (simulcast with 155.400 MHz)* Fire Dispatch*
7031 1b77 D Kend Fire Rs Countywide Fire/EMS Response (part time patch)* Fire Dispatch*
7034 1b7a D BergheimFD 1 Bergheim Fire 1* Fire-Tac*
7035 1b7b D BergheimFD 2 Bergheim Fire 2* Fire-Tac*
7047 1b87 D KC Roads 1 Kendall County Roads Primary* Public Works*
7048 1b88 D KC Roads Kendall County Road Crews* Public Works*
7049 1b89 D Kend Co Road Kendall County Road Crews* Public Works*
7057 1b91 D Kendall OEM Kendall County OEM* Emergency Ops*

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
K9 have you heard anything on TG 7024?? It's listed as Kendall 2 but what I have heard does not sound like any type of LE chatter even for a back channel.

boernegang

Premium Subscriber
BISD

Need some help, trying to find the frequencies for Boerne ISD school campuses. I have looked in the database under Kendall County other agencies and the page is blank. I can see the licenses and freq in the FCC database but not sure how to get that info into the scanner other than fat fingering it.

Thanks in advance

NC5267

Type in Boerne High School on the FCC entity search on the main database page. Comes up with a bunch of vhf frequencies. Looks like they have two repeater channels. Usually Middle and Elementary schools are not repeated so you have to basically be on or right next to a campus.

ajfan1999

Medical Aircraft

Does anyone have frequencies that Airlife, Air Evac, etc. use when they come into Kendall County. I know sometimes they patch them to the Ops channels but other times they use VHF frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.