Kenner LWIN Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenner26

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know it the Kenner site is down? For the past two weeks the Kenner Site appears to be dead. There is no signal strength showing on the BC396XT and nothing is being received. I have the site and talkgroups entered and the 4 control channels programed with my subscription and ARCxt. The other sites in the area are all working Bridge City, Laplace, Pan Am, MSY, and North Simulcast.

nx_2000

Premium Subscriber
I've never attempted to monitor that site before (kinda forgot it exists) but I just loaded it into my scanner and I couldn't pick it up either.

kevins669

Database Admin
The two Kenner sites have successfully rebanded.

I am not in town with access to all of the site channels, but they are 15 Mhz down...

Kenner - 853.5250
MSY - 853.8750

-- Kevin

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
The two Kenner sites have successfully rebanded.

I am not in town with access to all of the site channels, but they are 15 Mhz down...

Kenner - 853.5250
MSY - 853.8750

-- Kevin
Please note, Kevin means they changed frequencies, not rebanded. Rebanding (using the new Motorola band plan) doesn't apply to P25 systems. All you need to do is find the right frequency for the CCh and you are good. :)

kevins669

Database Admin
Lou is correct...thanks. Only the LCNs have changed; as Lou stated, Motorola does not have to do anything special to the equipment; just a reconfiguration.

The rebanding term gets thrown around sometimes as a catch-all to mean the same thing (which we really should not do).

Since this is a P25 system, LCNs for that band have already been established, so Motorola doe not have to make anything up in order for this system to work, just change what LCN each channel operates on.

All that being said, it does accomplish the same thing that non-P25 Motorola systems needed to do in order to comply with the mandate to vacate 866-869.

Kenner26

Premium Subscriber
Thank You

My thanks to everyone that responded changing the control channel worked like a charm. Hopefully the database will be updated in the future so ARC/XT pro can download the frequencies into the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.