Kenosha Co. Fireground Orange

prowisscan

Does anyone know what frequency is fireground orange in Kenosha Co? I often hear departments refer to this channel; there are no interop channel designators for orange in our state. Could this be their old dispatch freq of 154.25?

Mattnik

Database Admin
It's not in the WiFOG so I'm assuming it's a Milwaukee Metro specific thing, that is a distinct color code to prevent confusion with the RED/WHITE/BLUE/GOLD/BLACK/GRAY of the statewide frequencies.

Matt

Oa_Wrekt

They like non-standard IL fireground channels. There is also a FG GREEN that is an IL-only channel that is used.

Check a northern IL list and you may find it.

a1emt

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Pleasant Prairie FD using a new repeated fireground channel on 154.085 but don't know what they are calling it. I would give it a listen....

kylem1229

Premium Subscriber
I have heard Pleasant Prairie FD using a new repeated fireground channel on 154.085 but don't know what they are calling it. I would give it a listen....

RRDB has it as the old DPW channel. FCC has the original frequency registration as expired in 2014 but registered using a new call sign in 2021 expiring in 2027, with the fire dept being the Licensee. I know when the police dept talked about going digital, there was talk about a new frequency to be used as a secondary Tac channel for PD & FD to share since their wasn't one before. Im assuming this is probably it.

wx9svr

Premium Subscriber
I have a FG Green of 150.7900 however,
1) I don't have a PL/DPL listed for it
2) I don't remember where I found it
3) I've never heard it used

[Located in southwest IL / StL Metro East]

MarcusDude

Premium Subscriber
Because it is Kenosha County, I'm guessing it is VHF. Because it is a fireground channel, I'm guessing its simplex. After ruling out channels that have other uses or other color designations, all I could find for possible suspects were frequencies licensed to the Village of Twin Lakes (KNDX527):

Another possibility I thought of as an afterthought, is that if it is western Kenosha County, they might be referring to Walworth County's Orange Fireground 458.9125.

Last edited: