Kent Co. HAZMAT Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

There is a railcar leaking hazardous material at Reichold Chemical Co. in Cheswold. Most of Kent Co Fireboard is on the scene. DNREC, K-SERT, K-TAC4 and KNTMA1 are very active. Some roads are closed and vapor clouds are passing thru Dover. Good listening!

Dave AKA The Tripzter

K3GI

Guess I need to program all counties into my new Pro-2096 and take a listen at something other than my corner of the state once in a while. I missed all of it. After hearing it on the news this morning I did take a listen, but most of the activity/excitement was over.

There's enough down here in Sussex to keep my ears occupied--sometimes too much going on.

Lee, K3GI

h8tdigitalradio

Feed Provider
Hello,

K-SERT is still active. I use 6 scanners at the QTH, each one dedicated to a system(s) from 4 States (DE, MD, PA, NJ). I usually monitor NCCo and Kent Co. using a Yagi. I do miss Dover PD which went with fulltime encryption.

Kent Co. Fireboard has encryption capability and uses it. It is hoped the Fireboard does not go the way of PHL Fire, which uses fulltime encryption on Fireground.

And yes, Sussex Co can be busy at times. NCCo seems to be the busiest, lots going on.

Dave AKA The Tripzter

K3GI

Just got the digital capability. My external antenna is still on the analog scanner. I'm less than a mile from one of the Sussex towers, so the supplied antenna does very well here. Sorry to hear the systems are going encrypted. Kind of defeats owning a scanner.

Lee, K3GI

Status
Not open for further replies.