Kent County Simulcast

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
I have had no issues today and calls also is still uploading data.
Thank you for the reply. Why I wasn't hearing anything on my secondary scanner I can't explain. I've been looking at settings on my main scanner all afternoon and just found the problem. The trunked system type somehow got changed from Project 25 to Motorola. I don't even mess with the system. All good and back up and scanning.

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
Is there something going on with KC Simulcast today? I have not heard any activity since around noon from any talkgroups. I'm using two scanners and haven't heard anything on either one.
I was talking to my officers at the Wyoming VA just fine all day.

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
I started an unknown Talk Group wiki for Kent County. Please add and edit to help identify new talk groups.
MPSCS: Kent County (MI) Unknown Talkgroups - The RadioReference Wiki
I'm not sure how to edit the wiki page. I just logged in to mention the following Talk Groups that I have logged using 941,1041 and 1141 radio id's. None of these were in the RRDB as of yesterday afternoon. If you would like to add them to the wiki page have at it. 22578, 23003, 23167, 23280. The rest of my list is 13***.
13290, 295, 504, 509, 699, 700, 701, 702, 703, 704, 705, 706, 707, 716, 722, 725, 729, 730, 732, 737, 738, and 13739.

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
Heard a lot of 23167 today with 1041 radio id's. The talk was all about liquid in the lines and how much liquid was put into the truck. I wonder if it's possibly road commission. Also heard quite a bit of 13754 with 1141 radio id's. It sounded like it could be GRR Fire, possibly training. Someone was definitely wearing an oxygen mask and giving reports as if searching a building.

kasparek

Premium Subscriber
Heard a lot of 23167 today with 1041 radio id's. The talk was all about liquid in the lines and how much liquid was put into the truck. I wonder if it's possibly road commission. Also heard quite a bit of 13754 with 1141 radio id's. It sounded like it could be GRR Fire, possibly training. Someone was definitely wearing an oxygen mask and giving reports as if searching a building.

My guess for 23167 is GRR airport. They had a fuel spill earlier today.

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
My guess for 23167 is GRR airport. They had a fuel spill earlier today.
Very possible. I heard nothing "official" such as unit numbers or id's, just two guys trying to get "liquid" pumped into a truck. One guy kept referring to the other as "TJ".

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
Appears that there may be user training going on today. The last few days i've seen some fire TGID's have traffic and today there are multiple dispatch console Radio ID's on the call log. Perhaps a Feb. 1 transition date? I don't see the report from the latest meeting on kent911.org.

Also in regards to how long the VHF will be active I read in the Muskegon Central dispatch meeting notes that the Kent VHF will be going offline in March. Then Muskegon will be transitioning this summer.

depster00

Perhaps a Feb. 1 transition date?
From the meeting on Monday; KCSD radio console training is occurring this week. County talkgroup templating and radio programming is in progress. Starting use of 800mhz is dependent on each departments fire chief's timeline. KCDA hope to be complete with the full transition by mid-March.

I noticed several new talkgroups testing yesterday too; however, most were from Allegan County. They may have been rebroadcast on KC.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
It appears now that the VHF patches are no longer active (since early this morning) on the 41FDN, 41FDE, and 41FDN and there are radio console ID's conducting testing.

Depster00, where did you see the meeting notes? I can't seem to find them. Also what do you mean "from Allegan County"? from the allegan towers or Allegan radio ID's?

afera15

W8AMF
Premium Subscriber
It looks like the Patches are back.

Meeting notes have not been posted officially yet, but dispatch consoles are scheduled to be switching over in Mid February and Agency Cut Overs to begin in March. The next KCDA meeting is scheduled for February 22nd

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
Curious about Talk Group 13184 (AEROMED2). Is there actually an Aeromed 2? Every call I've ever heard on this talk group is for Aeromed 1.
Calls on 4591 (NFAMADM) are for Aeromed 3.

afera15

W8AMF
Premium Subscriber
I believe Aeromed 2 was the helicopter that crashed in 2008.

BSchaner

Premium Subscriber
I have heard AEROMED 1,2,3, and 4 on the 13184 talkgroup before. There used to be three aeromed talkgroups as in the data base the description for NFAMADM says. Then at some point over the last few years the first aeromed talkgroup was taken off. I believe 13184 is the GR dispatch and the 4591 is the North flight TC dispatch talkgroup. They often communicate with their dispatch on AIR LZ 1 for comms when flying to a scene for some reason and then when they get close to landing they contact the LZ Command.

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
Talk Group 13587, mystery possibly solved. I'm not sure how to 100% verify or how to submit to RRDB.
There has been a lot of chatter about pilling wire, especially yesterday and some this morning. I have also seen vehicles passing my house with reels of wire so I checked it out. I believe 13587 is Lowell Light & Power. I asked one of the workers if they had recently started using new radios and he replied yes. I asked if he had some kind of id for the radio such as 41???. He said it is 41LLP. Lowell Light & Power is the electric utility that serves Lowell and the immediate surrounding area instead of Consumers Energy.

depster00

Talk Group 13587, mystery possibly solved. I'm not sure how to 100% verify or how to submit to RRDB.
Submitted and added. You don't need to be 100% certain to submit; however, you should be confident and have data to back it up. In my opinion your explanation is enough. On the top of the MPSCS page there is a grey "Submit" tab.

kf8lx

Premium Subscriber
There has been a lot of chatter about pulling wire, especially yesterday and some this morning. I have also seen vehicles passing my house with reels of wire so I checked it out. I believe 13587 is Lowell Light & Power. I asked one of the workers if they had recently started using new radios and he replied yes. I asked if he had some kind of id for the radio such as 41???. He said it is 41LLP. Lowell Light & Power is the electric utility that serves Lowell and the immediate surrounding area instead of Consumers Energy.
Submitted and added. You don't need to be 100% certain to submit; however, you should be confident and have data to back it up. In my opinion your explanation is enough. On the top of the MPSCS page there is a grey "Submit" tab.
So who determines the "Display/Alpha Tag" and description? It sounds like the submitter can put whatever he/she wants. You probably saw my question regarding AeroMed 1 and 2. Since AeroMed 2 is the one that crashed and AeroMed 1 is the only one I hear on 13184 could there be a submission to change the display in RRDB to change AEROMED2 to AEROMED1?