Kent MD PD Bandplan

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctordave

Wondering if any of our Kent Co members may be able to provide more details on the PD bandplan. 159.21 and 155.7 are active repeater outputs and are referred to as channels 12 & 16 (I forget which one is which). Are there really a total of 16 PD channels? Seems very unlikely. We have the FD bandplan very nicely cited....would be nice to get our database as well updated on the PD side.

doctordave

Obviously, we are a little short on members w/ good info on the Kent system. 159.21, the main dispatch freq is called "ch 16" and the tac freq 155.7 is called "ch 12."

Heard Kent Sheriff deputies this AM referencing testing on some freq in their high-band radios (channel "7" for them) which will tie into the QA Co 800 system on TG "Q-Law 3." I wasn't in a position to punch up other known Kent freqs to try to isolate this. Anyone have info on this? For that matter, we need to fill in a few gaps on the TG plan for QA Sheriff.

dpm797

Hey Kent Co Sherriff /Chetertown Pd and RockHall Pd 159.210 is CH6 not 16 in the system....it input is 155.910........CH16 is 158.820......the County Gov't/Pub Work Channel

dpm797

The band map is confusing because the fire CH 4, 5, 6, 7 are simplex with relatively low power.....do not go to a reapter and are not monoritored in the communications center.....the band map you refer to uses only the Channels that are on the repeater system.......some radios have to be on different channels that have the same frequency depending on what tower site they are trying to use........ The central tower is in Chestertown .....there is 1 in RockHall and 1 in Millington. not sure if there are any others

doctordave

DPM797,

Hmm...so 159.21 is "ch6"....I know I've heard a CPD unit refer to it as "ch16" before...but perhaps he (J.D.) meant to say "6."

Any idea what freq they were testing on for tie-in to QA 800 MHZ "Q-Law 3?" 154.74 is another freq license to Kent...wonder if it could be this one?

Our radioref database page for Kent is:
http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1202

Does the info, as listed, look valid to you? If 156.21 is for full-time detention-center use, we'll update this, as well.

Thanks for your help in sorting this out.

dpm797

They have Quuen Anne 800 mhz portables......were using them Sat night because liighting strike took out comm center for a while.......not patched ....Queen Anne was being very nice that night....

doctordave

This was Monday around 8am that a reference was made to some attempt at tie-in to QA Law 3. Maybe they were still using (or attempting to use) QA 800 radios at that time.....I guess it's also possible that KSO radios have 151.13? Independent of what they said Monday morning, there must be some mechanism for direct QASO - KCSO communications.

Status
Not open for further replies.