Kentucky ARTCC feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

KK4JW

I've just finished getting my feed set up with the help of DC31. It is a handful of Central Kentucky ARTCC RCAG frequencies. I'd like some of you guys to give it a listen and let me know if or how I can improve on it? I think the audio should be set about right. If it's too hot or not enough I can adjust it. Also let me know if the amount of activity is too much/not enough. I can always add/delete frequencies.

A list of what's being scanned is in the feed notes.

Thanks!

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Had my volumes set on high and couldn't hear it, barely heard traffic coming through, but nothing I could understand due to low volume.

Any body else?

KK4JW

I'm monkeying around with the gains. For whatever reason, I'm having to run about 50% volume on the scanner. I was under the impression it didn't need to be that hot, but whsatever.

KK4JW

I think my low audio problem was the USB soundcard I was using. I have acquired a different model and am using it. Would you guys mind giving my feed another listen and let me know how the audio sounds now, please?

AirScan

K4VJW,

Listening this morning the feed sounds good. Controller reception seems to vary. How far are you from the RCAG site ?

Also noticed you added some of the adjacent high frequencies, 126.925 and 133.050 are 2 as far as I can tell. Are there any others added as well that aren't listed ?

I'm wondering about 120.875, this was Sector 70 (FL370 and above) that sits over Sector 93 (123.775) and Sector 76 (134.700), but I see in the RR Database it's now listed as Sector 90 and located in the Terra Haute area ? Can anyone confirm this ? Are you hearing anything on 120.875 from your location ?

Thanks for the feed !

Last edited:

AirScan

To update my last post. Listening to the feed today 15:30-16:00 EDT I see that 120.875 is in use and is the airspace overhead 123.775/134.700 (FL370 and above). The frequency does not appear to be loaded in the scanner.

120.875 is not listed in FAA's ARTCC Facilities File (AFF). The RR database show's the RCAG located at Terre Haute, which doesn't really makes sense given the coverage area of the sector. A more logical location would be Lexington, London or Merwin RCAG's ? So might be able to get the controller ? Any chance you could add 120.875 to the scanner to check it out ? Can anyone confirm the location of the 120.875 RCAG ?

Charlie1068

Premium Subscriber
Also I’ve noticed one of the RCAG’s is for northern Kentucky and southern as well as central Indiana which frequency is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.