kentucky frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyw

I will be going through Kentucky in April and would like to monitor
some Kentucky State Police frequencies probably Bowling Green, Louisville
areas. I have tried to load them using ARC396 software and radio reference
but I can not getthe information to save in the database (just the freq will save not other info) just goes away when I try to save it.
Any suggestions on scanning KSP on my trip would be helpful.

N4JNW

KSP is easy to pick up. Providing you have a digital scanner, as you do have a 396.

Just program in the frequency like any other frequency. When the 396 senses that it's P25 digital, it will automatically begin to decode it and you'll hear the audio.

jimmyw

kentucky

Yes I will be using I65 on my trip bowling green, louisville
when I program should I use Apco25 or regular motorola 800 standard

benjaminfs733

Bowling Green only has one tower and it is difficult to pick up even inside the county. Anywhere outside and you won't get a thing. Keep that in mind before you go through all the trouble of programing, if you are just passing through at 70 MPH. Louisville is strong, Bullet County is good as well.

spooney

Hey guys, KSP is not a Motorola trunked system. Program the freq's as conventional and the scanner will decode the digital for you.

Depends on the scanner for BG. My old Pro-94 can pick BG up sitting at some spots in glasgow and my PSR-500 can pick it up in a larger chunk of Barren Co. At the least you should have a 20 mile stretch where you can pick up some. And as spooney said KSP is conventional. If you can pick up the 380 band then go ahead and throw Knox in. You can pick some stuff from 65 up (or at least you should be able to) I know I have no problem. I can hear Knox in Elizabethtown and also on 265 between Dixie Highway and 65. I'm pretty sure the last time I took 65 that way I could hear Fort Knox between Etown and Shephardsville pretty clearly. after that it was hit and miss till I got to 265. Good luck and happy scanning!

Status
Not open for further replies.