Kentucky Utilities on DMR?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Although I haven't heard traffic yet. Based on new License filling & FCC Emissions data, It looks like KU is going to DMR and moving from P25. They filled for emissions changes on most of their licenses which you can find on the regional utilities page and a new trunked system has been issued for Scott County & other Kentucky Counties.

empireco

I monitored someone talking to a base the other night on 451.200 using DMR , not sure who it was but it's listed as a KU frequency.

empireco

Heard workers changing out utility poles in Lancaster and Harrodsburg on that same frequency and DMR so definitely KU.

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Heard workers changing out utility poles in Lancaster and Harrodsburg on that same frequency and DMR so definitely KU.
I'll start monitoring our here in scott, fayette and Franklin soon. Wasnt sure when they were deciding to switch, were you able to get a color code or slot?

Remington12G

GØT AES?
After going through some more license sniffing, etc. It looks like KU/LG&E is building out a statewide or at least a region-wide DMR Trunked Network. Now with this, I am assuming that we will see some regular operation talk groups for counties and more than likely some storm operation talk groups. Also with these Conventional Licenses that are in use & being issued currently will be a backup to this main trunked system.

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
Here is what i know LG&E / KU are owned By PPL. The have purchased a TIR 3 TAIT DMR system and They are working on building it out and getting away From P25

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Here is what i know LG&E / KU are owned By PPL. The have purchased a TIR 3 TAIT DMR system and They are working on building it out and getting away From P25
Thanks for the information. Do you possibly have a timeline for the system? I've been picking up tier 3 DMR but not on any assigned KU / LG&E frequencies.

Remington12G

GØT AES?

Here is a map of counties in Kentucky & Virginia licensed for trunked DMR use.

Map Legend
Red - KU License
Green - LG&E License
Purple - Both LG&E and KU Licenses

KU FRN: 0001794403
LG&E FRN: 0001794270

Last edited:

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
You can't see them why because the picture is too small or what it didn't really give me any site information. No site number or anything just l1-7.6 is what my SDR says down in the corner