Kentucky Utilities on DMR?

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
Also it appears to me that means they're going to be multiple regions set up for this system I guess so they can kind of break it down into smaller segments

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Region 1, Site 3, has been ID'd as the Jessamine County tower located in Nicholasville. Region 1, Site 2 is currently being monitored and is believed to be in the counties of Lincoln or Garrad County. The updated info for Region 1, Site 3 has been submitted to the DB for update. Here is the latest update from KU/LG&E
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LGE/KU’s original slow growth request anticipated that by September 1, 2020, the first eighteen (18) repeaters would be constructed and placed into operation. LGE/KU still anticipates that this initial benchmark will be met. In fact, LGE/KU anticipates building out many more than the initial eighteen (18) repeaters by December 31, 2020, with any remaining repeaters to be built out in 2021.

Since initiating this project in late 2018, LGE/KU has filed over 25 license applications for new and modified authority for more than 90 frequency pairs. Many of these frequencies required interservice coordination and concurrence from The Monitoring Association.

LGE/KU’s total budget for planning, constructing, and placing the System into service is $5.4 million. LGE/KU are confident that the entire System will be fully constructed and placed into operation within the five-year slow growth period. LGE/KU value the opportunity to operate this System to support their employees and promote the safe and efficient provision of electric service throughout Kentucky

Remington12G

GØT AES?
Update, Lexington has been located after about 5 hours of hunting. Still searching for the location of 454.4500 believed to be somewhere in the following region. A reminder that these stations are still unlicensed.

Counties of interest: Marion, Green, Boyle, Lincoln, & Garrard. Origin of Signal still unknown however it can be confirmed that the signal is not coming from the North or Northeast

Site Details:
Tier 3 DMR
ColorCode: 0
Network ID: 1
Region: 1
Site: 2

Attachments

• 454.450.PNG
    454.450.PNG
    91.9 KB · Views: 4

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I was not recording at the time i for got to have it on
All good, there is apparently a second tower that is supposed to be on in E-Town soon. Could you possibly find that tower info if its online?

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
All good, there is apparently a second tower that is supposed to be on in E-Town soon. Could you possibly find that tower info if its online?
I've been looking up and down the bands but don't see it yet. Can't imagine why they would have a second one on over here they really don't service much in this area I have a feeling that this site here is located on Ring Road I noticed that they hung a couple new antennas on that Tower. I just realized I know somebody that works for KU maybe I need to aggravate them for some information they would be people in the know

Remington12G

GØT AES?
I've been looking up and down the bands but don't see it yet. Can't imagine why they would have a second one on over here they really don't service much in this area I have a feeling that this site here is located on Ring Road I noticed that they hung a couple new antennas on that Tower. I just realized I know somebody that works for KU maybe I need to aggravate them for some information they would be people in the know
They have 2 separate licenses for 2 separate frequency pairs. Both are licensed for the tower located Ring Road & Bacon Creek Road.

k4ktr

Premium Subscriber
That's what I thought they're both for the same Tower so they can technically have four times slots how's traffic going on I got a feeling we will never see the second frequency come active until they're using the system full-time I mean it's probably active right now but physically we're not going to see any traffic pop up on it can you give me the frequency I'm the second one that is licensed will added to the database as a voice

Remington12G

GØT AES?
That's what I thought they're both for the same Tower so they can technically have four times slots how's traffic going on I got a feeling we will never see the second frequency come active until they're using the system full-time I mean it's probably active right now but physically we're not going to see any traffic pop up on it can you give me the frequency I'm the second one that is licensed will added to the database as a voice
460.9500 is your second channel for the current tower. 4 total slots for communication like you mentioned but won't probably be used until active and we see site linking. I have a sheet with all the official site names but it only applies to the second license for E-town.