• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood comes out with 700 and 800mhz p25 mobiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILMRadioMan

And yet they keep that old display.

If they updated that screen, that radio would sell like crazy.

I am sure it will sell now, but that screen....

Nice with the 1024 channels, way to one up Moto, like they did with 870.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm sure there will be updated control heads in the future. I think Kenwood wanted to utilize some of the stuff they already had in these so that they could make it to market a little faster.

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
It was Motorola's strategy on the XTL5000. The first ones had the old Spectra heads on them. I think they were the W7 heads (Spectra A7-type) but I may be wrong.

RF Deck lists for $2209
Control Head/Accessory kits start at $676.25

ILMRadioMan

Oh I know...BELIEVE ME, I know ;)

But what were they competing with?

No one had anything much better at the time, now with the Odyssey series, and other manufacturers (EFJ, Harris, etc...) that have much more advanced displays.

Moto wasnt exactly "behind the times" then.

RodStrong

Just picked up a few portables and a mobile, and will dig into them next week. I do have pricing. PM if you need the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.