• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

kenwood interefance with throttle

Status
Not open for further replies.

rayz379

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 quad cab 5.9 cummins diesel. My kenwood mobile I use for our fire department is the topic of discussion. It is hard wired and fuse protected directly to the battery. Whenever I key up it revs the engine and will really make the truck jump when traveling down the road. How is this radio making my truck do this?? Is is NOT drive by wire throttle.

n5ims

High RF fields can easily cause interference that cause various issues with electronics in cars. The best way to prevent it is to have the radio professionally installed by a good radio shop. They will make sure that things are installed correctly and isolated to the greatest extent possible to prevent these kinds of issues.

If a professional install isn't possible (it does cost more than a do-it-yourself job), make sure to check these things are done right and remain properly connected and tight:
* Radio power is isolated from the vehicle's electronics (both power and ground wires). Since you indicate that the radio is wired directly to the battery, this is probably done, but make sure it's tight. Also if your ground is hard-wired to the battery, make sure it also has a fuse with the same rating as the power wire.
* Make sure that the antenna connection is firmly connected and there isn't kinked or holes in the insulation.
* Make sure that the antenna is mounted as far away from the vehicle's electronics as practical.
* Make sure that the antenna mount is firmly mounted and has an excellent ground connection.
* Make sure that the radio is grounded per the manufacturer's instructions. Most of the times there isn't a separate ground required, and this is handled by properly mounting the radio on the correct bracket. Some radios may require special grounding procedures depending on the design of the vehicle's electrical design which is why you must follow the manufacturer's instructions.

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
Where is the antenna?

What type of mount?

What band does the radio operate in? (My guess is lowband)

Status
Not open for further replies.