Kenwood KDS-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

roots

Hi, i'm new to your community but I found a lot of good informations on this forum. I'm not searching informations about this system: KDS-100. Do you have any information about this pager system, I want to find a way to receive all informations broadcasted to these unit, do you think it's possible? It's a type of pager system, the paramedic in my city will get those install and I want to monitor that!

kenwood_KDS-100.jpeg

Thx,

Marc

davidd2957

roots said:
Hi, i'm new to your community but I found a lot of good informations on this forum. I'm not searching informations about this system: KDS-100. Do you have any information about this pager system, I want to find a way to receive all informations broadcasted to these unit, do you think it's possible? It's a type of pager system, the paramedic in my city will get those install and I want to monitor that!
As you are new to the RR.com community, likewise we are new to your community. Therefore it would help if we had information about the system you are going to monitor; State, County, City and which entity(fire, police, EMS etc.). Give us this info and that would be a great beginning.
David D.

roots

davidd2957 said:
As you are new to the RR.com community, likewise we are new to your community. Therefore it would help if we had information about the system you are going to monitor; State, County, City and which entity(fire, police, EMS etc.). Give us this info and that would be a great beginning.
David D.

Sorry about that, I live in Canada, Quebec. The city is Gatineau, the system will be install for the paramedic. I did some research, but there's not that many info on the net about it.

thx,

Marc

frmichaud

Premium Subscriber
Kds100

roots
I am in Montreal area and tried to read messages from Cetam the ambulances on south shore.
I found a KDS-100 used but it is a first version and need firmware upgrade and Kewood Canada is unable to do it , my unit was sent to Japan I have no idea when it will be back.
About the signal, I tried to decode it with SkySweeper,
it seems t be packet at 1200 bauds but skysweeper give frame error and display unreadable messages like if kenwood has a kind of scrambling
except that skysweeeper accept the signal and decode it.
Did you try the pager decoding software, pocsag, golay, Flex....... to see if it can decode it
My idea is that Kenwood to protect confidentiality of infos use a simple scrambling by conversion table, a is replaced by h, b by??? and so on
If you want we can continue this search in private, contact me at frmichaud@compuserve.com
Thanks
Francois

Status
Not open for further replies.