• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood KSC-24 Charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4uad

. . .Red is charging, green means it is done charging, but what does flashing green mean?

TIA,
Tim K.

How old is the battery pack? Sounds like either your battery pack is getting well aged or the charging cradle has an issue. Charging my tk-270g' s KNB-20N takes about an hour from full discharge, if your charger is taking longer than that you might have a problem. Does the red light ever come on?

kg4uad

N1SQB

Premium Subscriber
Not a battery issue!

I will put in a call to my local dealer. I have 2 of them. I use them for my TK-380 UHF portables. I have 2 new 2100 Ma batteries. It does the blinking thing with both on both chargers.. Its always done that so I just thought it was just how it was suppossed to be. HMMM!

Manny

timkilbride

Database Admin
How old is the battery pack? Sounds like either your battery pack is getting well aged or the charging cradle has an issue. Charging my tk-270g' s KNB-20N takes about an hour from full discharge, if your charger is taking longer than that you might have a problem. Does the red light ever come on?

kg4uad

Battery pack is around 4 years old. Charging cradle is new. My battery still lasts 12 hours on one shift for the railroad. The red light comes on, then blinking green, then solid green.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Battery pack is around 4 years old. Charging cradle is new. My battery still lasts 12 hours on one shift for the railroad. The red light comes on, then blinking green, then solid green.

This is only a guess

In that instance, it sounds like the charger might be saying the charger has switched from rapid to a trickle to finish charging the battery, like maybe the last 10%?

How long is it in red, then flashing green modes before going to solid green?

K9UWI

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
I have had this particular model charger for just over a year now and have yet to experience this issue. I tried a number of things in an attempt to create it but had no success. I will be anxious to read the explanation provided by the dealer.

timkilbride

Database Admin
Did anyone find out anything? My batteries are still working great and I'm still getting the red light, then green blinking light, then a solid green.

TIA,
Tim

Resdon111

Sorry for the necro on the thread, but did anyone find an answer for this? I am having the same problem.

jshep26101

ksc 24 charger

I was looking in my manual and it says a red light charging a blinking red is that the battery is no good a green is that is completed charging, it didnt say what a blinking green means

cybercat32

blinking green

Blinking green means you are almost fully charged and the charger has switched to a lower "trickle charge" state to finish things off.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I haven't looked at that model's info, specifically, but typically indicates battery is being "topped off" in a trickle charge mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.