• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NEXEDGE Site Roaming Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

LifeCare

Feed Provider
Hi Folks,
I am trying to get site roaming setup with two NXR-710 repeaters. Both repeaters are connected via network. The main repeater does have a couple of nxr-710 voters networked back to it and they work fine. Installed the second repeater and followed the help guide for multi site roaming and the repeaters are not bringing up each other.

Looking at the network traffic I can see traffic coming from the main repeater to the 2nd repeater and it does nothing else. Same with the 2nd repeater to the main.

I was wondering if someone would share some screen shots of there setup from the programming. I think I am missing a check box somewhere

Thank you in advance,

Richard

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Yes, there is a missing step.
I will post that shortly because I did that same thing. Has to do with the way calls are handled. I have a 4 site school system where the ran codes are different at each site.

I had a certain selection wrong and you can remotely program it to fix it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Okay here we go,
(Anniversary dinner, sorry this is late)

EDIT/IP CONV NETWORK/ GENERAL TAB
Intersite call, check
IP CAST: Unicast
max jitter 400
min 80
NETWORK WIDE RAN: SITE DEPENDENT <-- (if you are using different ran codes per site)

Site Roaming
Beacon, check
Duration 1200
TIT: 60

Note about NetWideRan:

Network-wide RAN allows a field engineer to configure whether the repeater receiving an Intersite Call uses the same RAN Encode code as was used for the transmitting repeater or a unique RAN Encode code is granted to each repeater.
Range:

Caller Site:
Conventional repeaters interconnected via the IP network can transmit using the same RAN Encode code as was used to transmit by the transmitting repeater.
Using this configuration enables change of the RAN code per each call; hence, if the same channel needs to be used by multiple groups, each group can be distinguished by using a RAN code.​
Site Dependent:
Conventional repeaters interconnected via the IP network can transmit using a unique RAN Encode code granted to each repeater.
This configuration can be adopted if there are adjacent repeaters that are using the same frequency and the RAN code needs to be used to distinguish the repeaters, or if a RAN Encode code is determined due to the licensing conditions of frequency allocation, etc.​
Default:

Caller Site​

LifeCare

Feed Provider
Thank you and Happy Anniversary.. Those are the settings I have in place currently.

Under the site roaming section, what do you have for host repeater?

Thank you,
Richard

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
For host repeater pick one as primary to sync the beacons. Since there is only one other site, that one could be either secondary or continuous deselected.

You have entered the IP addresses of both sites in under the network tab. Did you enable the opposing site in the channel edit menu?

LifeCare

Feed Provider
So a little blonde moment here. Under the Channel edit --> Network Setting I forgot the click the Conventional IP network box.. Once I did that and wrote the programming everything came up like it should. I did some testing today on portable and it seems to work fine. If this goes well I will be adding two more sites to the mix for a complete county wide system.

For the folks currently running site roaming any additional tips or tricks that would like share. Seems to be straight forward and I used the default settings.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.