• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-200 NX-300 Receive issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfdrick5488

Hello, I apologize if this question is somewhere else in a thread, but I couldn't find it. I am on a Fire Department and we have appox 35 portable NX series radio's. Of them we have had (2) so far that have developed receive issues out of nowhere.(They will not receive at all) I send it to our tech's and they send it out to kenwood on warranty repair work, however no one will tell me what is going on with the radio's. My question is if anybody knows what is happening to the radios and if there is a recall on them. I can kind of foresee all of our radios having the same issue at some point and I just want to head this one off before I have an entire department with a bunch of paper weights.
Oh and we are nearing our 1 year warranty.

Thanks for your help!

Rick

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I haven't seen any service bulletins regarding them.

I've got about 300 of the NX-410's and out of those I had one bad display and that was it in 2 years (so far). Kenwood replaced it. Other than that, I did find 2 bad antennas, not sure if it was a manufacturing defect or from abuse.
Yes, the NX-410 is a different model, but if we are looking at an overall Kenwood issue, I haven't seen it.

In addition to the above, I've got about 50 of the NX-900 portables, no issues with any of those in 2 years.

LTR

I had one of our NX-300's start having issues on our trunked system, it would go "out of range" for no reason while in known good areas of coverage. We sent it in for repair, and it ended up being way off frequency. They re-tuned it, and the radio has worked flawlessly ever since (this has been about 3 months now). The radio in question was over 2 years old, and it had worked fine on the system up until this happened. I was concerned as to why this radio went off frequency and asked Kenwood if this is a known problem, of course they said no. So far I have not had any other off frequency radios so it might of just been a fluke. Our system runs on very narrow band (6.25 kHz) so the radios have to be tuned dead on to work good.

Ask them if your radios were just re-tuned because of being off frequency.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Couple of years ago one of my personal NX-200s (brand new) went off freq and was flakey. Could not warp it back on and stay. Sent to Kenwood under warranty and they replaced the reference oscillator. Maybe a bad lot??? Anyway, works great now.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.