• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-5000 dual-mode P25/NXDN radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
If it is dual band P25+NXDN capable, all they have to do is throw trunking into the mix and I will preorder one right now! Oh, and it wouldn't hurt if they added multiple scan lists, that's a feature I've always wanted in a radio.

Uhh, it will do trunking, both NXDN, and P25...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Didn't have to be rude about it, I haven't seen anything that indicated that it would do both conventional and trunked. But if it does do that, then I'll preorder one as soon as I can.

Read post 18. I was not trying to be rude. It was stated that the radio would do trunking(TDMA P25 is only available on trunk systems) and all kenwood NXDN radios I have seen will do trunking. My NX-700 will, I only use it conventional/analogue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

radio259

I only hope the UHF 45-520 split model will still slide down to the hammy band with no problem. This will be atough purchase to hide from the wife.

radio259

I hope these UHF 450-512 splits will still cover the ham band with no problem. Would be nice to get both at same time, but that might be hard to hide from the wife.

wireless_friendly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I will buy REV3, but not before. Kenwood like to change CPU and stops support of previous releases.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
NX-5000 (some other info to add)

As some of you all know, I am pretty much in the thick of it with NXDN (ham side) and what is to come
with the NX-5000 series.

To add, the radio will do Analog LTR also.
(brian cell explosion)

So yes, once KWD is done with their little US tour on this, it will be released, 700/800 first, then VHF and UHF
models end of the year 1qtr 2015.

So recap;
700/800 (dual band), VHF model, UHF model (sorry no dual band V/U),

Modes:
P25 P1/P2 trunking
P25 Conventional
NXDN
NXDN Gen2
Analog LTR
Analog Conventional
and all the little goodies to go with it (OTAA, OTAP, OTAR, SDM <nxdn>) *not sure about P25trunk SDM

KRK-10 remote mount COMPATIBLE

Let the FOAMING begin!

Evans
KD4EFM

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I will look into that, but since that is the now standard for ENC and FIPS, I would say yes.

EFM

EricCottrell

Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Three portable versions have appeared on the FCC website.

ALH442000 NX-5400 700/800 P25 with Bluetooth Portable
K44431500 NX-5300 UHF Portable
K44431501 NX-5300 UHF Portable

73 Eric

rkm1215

Premium Subscriber
Is the difference in the UHF portables band split or is one supposed to be a VHF portable?

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Is the difference in the UHF portables band split or is one supposed to be a VHF portable?

K44431500 NX-5300 UHF Portable = 450 - 512MHz. 5 watts. Part 90 certification. Interesting that it has a 16K emission designation for 470-512 for the T-Band stuff.

K44431501 NX-5300 UHF Portable = 406.1 - 470MHz. 5 watts. Part 90 certification. No Part 95, so no GMRS, legally…

As some of you all know, I am pretty much in the thick of it with NXDN (ham side) and what is to come
with the NX-5000 series.

To add, the radio will do Analog LTR also.
(brian cell explosion)

So yes, once KWD is done with their little US tour on this, it will be released, 700/800 first, then VHF and UHF
models end of the year 1qtr 2015.

So recap;
700/800 (dual band), VHF model, UHF model (sorry no dual band V/U),

Modes:
P25 P1/P2 trunking
P25 Conventional
NXDN
NXDN Gen2
Analog LTR
Analog Conventional
and all the little goodies to go with it (OTAA, OTAP, OTAR, SDM <nxdn>) *not sure about P25trunk SDM

KRK-10 remote mount COMPATIBLE

Let the FOAMING begin!

Evans
KD4EFM

Don't be surprised if the radio cost between $1.2 - $3K loaded with all the features, as you wrote above. The cost would be slightly more then a TK5210 which has a range $1 - $1.8/9K without any features, depending on the dealer.

baycomm

First hand from the recent road show:

Ok, but how about AES-256 and KVL-3000+ compatibility?:
YES, optional AES-256 board to be available both with & without KVL-3000+ compatibility
Note that DES encryption will be included as a standard feature.

We were told UHF release THIS MONTH (we'll see) with 700/800 to follow by end of year.

Standard config will be analog/NXDN with trunking. P25 Phase 1,2 optional via software key, 1000 channels
4000 channel option, programmable DSP noise canceling standard.
Micro SD card can be used to record custom .wav files for channel announcements.
Dual transceiver mobile kit for multi-band operation. Optional larger display control head with knobs.
IP67 submersible to 1 meter standard (You can wash it off if it gets dirty)
+many more features & options
Price was stated to be 10% over existing models. Hopefully, they meant 10% over NX-200/300.

Motorola has neither a radio that can match this nor one as nice looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.