• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX-5000 Version 2.xx Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Okay, next thread. Version 2
This now will consist of the DMR, NXDN, and P25 Q&A and Information.

So, to start with, MANY OF YOU HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IMPORT EXPORT.
I just shoved KPG-111, 141 .itm import files into a 5800 codeplug blank with DMR turned on.
If you have something you want to push into it, it will, but with a warning before hand.

KPG-D1 Version 2.xx
New features: DMR, and CODEPLUG .itm IMPORT function.

See these notes from the HELP FILE of D1.

Import Function

File Menu
Import
Help_NXDN Help_Analog
The FPU data of a transceiver supporting the import and export functions can be read by the KPG-D1 software. The data in a data file having the extension of ".itm" can be imported into the KPG-D1 software.

Follow the procedure below to import the FPU data:

Select "Import" in the " Application " tab. (note: looks like a file folder top left corner)
Open opens.
Select the file to import.
Click the "Open" button.
Note:
The extension of an imported or exported file is ".itm".
This function can be used if "Channel Table" is selected from Zone-channel Format.
An error message appears when trying to read a file that cannot be imported or exported.
A warning message appears when trying to import data with a different bandwidth configuration. The frequency is adjusted automatically if the data contains a different frequency configuration.
A warning message appears when trying to import data with a different language configuration. The data relevant to language may not be read correctly when continuing to import data that has a different language configuration.

Import function can convert the following data:
Frequency Table (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency and Channel Spacing)
Normal Hunt Control Channel Table (Frequency Number)
Site Hunt Control Channel Table (Site and Frequency Number)
Site Information (Site Name)
Analog Conventional data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, QT/DQT Decode, QT/DQT Encode and Channel Name)
LTR Trunking data (Encode ID, Decode ID and Channel Name)
LTR Trunking Repeater data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, Telephone, Area Code and Home Repeater)
NXDN Conventional data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, Channel Type, Transmit Mode, QT/DQT Decode, QT/DQT Encode, RAN Decode, RAN Encode, Channel Name, Channel Spacing (Analog) and Channel Spacing (NXDN))
NXDN Site Roaming data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, RAN Decode, RAN Encode, Channel Name and Channel Spacing (NXDN))
NXDN Site Roaming with RAN data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, RAN Decode, RAN Encode, Channel Name and Channel Spacing (NXDN))
DMR Conventional data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, Channel Type, Transmit Mode, QT/DQT Decode, QT/DQT Encode, Color Code, Channel Name and Channel Spacing)
NXDN Trunking data (Group ID, ID Mode, Channel Name, Alert Tone, Scan Add and Alert LED Color)
MDC-1200 ID List (ID and ID Name)
FleetSync ID List (Fleet, ID, ID Name and ID Mode)
FleetSync Status List (Status, Status Name and Transmit Inhibit)
NXDN Individual ID List (ID, ID Name, ID Mode, Individual (Alert Tone), Paging (Alert Tone), Individual (Alert LED Color) and Paging (Alert LED Color))
NXDN Group ID List (ID, ID Name, ID Mode, Alert Tone and Alert LED Color)
NXDN Status List (Status, Status Name, Transmit Inhibit and Alert Tone)
DMR Individual ID List (ID, ID Name and ID Mode)
DMR Group ID List (ID, ID Name and ID Mode)

The following data can be imported only if NXDN Conventional is enabled:
NXDN Conventional data
NXDN Site Roaming data
NXDN Site Roaming with RAN data

The following data can be imported only if NXDN Type-C Trunking is enabled:
Frequency Table
Normal Hunt Control Channel Table
Site Hunt Control Channel Table
Site Information

The following data can be imported only if either NXDN Conventional or NXDN Type-C Trunking is enabled, or if both NXDN Conventional and NXDN Type-C Trunking are enabled:
NXDN Individual ID List
NXDN Group ID List
NXDN Status List

The following data can be imported only if DMR Conventional is enabled:
DMR Conventional data
DMR Individual ID List
DMR Group ID List

RK3AAG

Very good. As I told many times, it's possible and it was just a question of resources and priorities.

mclove

Premium Subscriber
DMR Conventional data
DMR Individual ID List
DMR Group ID List
WHAT ABOUT THE TIMES SLOTS ?

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Conventional data..... as mentioned.

Now, understand, d1 does not export yet...
But you should be able to import from the DMR KPG (forgot the name)

kd4efm Evans, sent using TapTALK on my HTC M9

mclove

Premium Subscriber
You sound upset cuz i ask you that i just wanted to no when i get my radio friday done i like to make sure for i can use it for ham

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I am wishing export in d1 was there, it's not, so slightly bitter.

mitreffahcs

Premium Subscriber
DMR Up and running

Got DMR up and running on my 5800 tonight, looks like it's working well.... audio sounds great so far. I've only had V2 firmware for a few hours, so I'm definitely not an expert on all the settings, but it seemed pretty straight forward.

Not sure if it was brought up before, but one thing that did throw me for a loop was the Selcall on PTT... when you select group call with a list that has more than one group IDs, it looks like it defaults to the first group in the list and ignores the rest?

Firmware update was a breeze, glad I didn't have to take the dual deck apart because that is a pain!

Thanks Evans for all the help!

Attachments

• dmr.jpg
    dmr.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,722
  • group_list.jpg
    group_list.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1,162
  • selcall.jpg
    selcall.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 1,185

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Got DMR up and running on my 5800 tonight, looks like it's working well.... audio sounds great so far. I've only had V2 firmware for a few hours, so I'm definitely not an expert on all the settings, but it seemed pretty straight forward.

Not sure if it was brought up before, but one thing that did throw me for a loop was the Selcall on PTT... when you select group call with a list that has more than one group IDs, it looks like it defaults to the first group in the list and ignores the rest?

Firmware update was a breeze, glad I didn't have to take the dual deck apart because that is a pain!

Thanks Evans for all the help!
Group selcall, yes, only one grp call can be transmitted.

Railham_CJ

Premium Subscriber
Okay, next thread. Version 2
This now will consist of the DMR, NXDN, and P25 Q&A and Information.

So, to start with, MANY OF YOU HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT IMPORT EXPORT.
I just shoved KPG-111, 141 .itm import files into a 5800 codeplug blank with DMR turned on.
If you have something you want to push into it, it will, but with a warning before hand.

KPG-D1 Version 2.xx
New features: DMR, and CODEPLUG .itm IMPORT function.

See these notes from the HELP FILE of D1.

Import Function

File Menu
Import
Help_NXDN Help_Analog
The FPU data of a transceiver supporting the import and export functions can be read by the KPG-D1 software. The data in a data file having the extension of ".itm" can be imported into the KPG-D1 software.

Follow the procedure below to import the FPU data:

Select "Import" in the " Application " tab. (note: looks like a file folder top left corner)
Open opens.
Select the file to import.
Click the "Open" button.
Note:
The extension of an imported or exported file is ".itm".
This function can be used if "Channel Table" is selected from Zone-channel Format.
An error message appears when trying to read a file that cannot be imported or exported.
A warning message appears when trying to import data with a different bandwidth configuration. The frequency is adjusted automatically if the data contains a different frequency configuration.
A warning message appears when trying to import data with a different language configuration. The data relevant to language may not be read correctly when continuing to import data that has a different language configuration.

Import function can convert the following data:
Frequency Table (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency and Channel Spacing)
Normal Hunt Control Channel Table (Frequency Number)
Site Hunt Control Channel Table (Site and Frequency Number)
Site Information (Site Name)
Analog Conventional data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, QT/DQT Decode, QT/DQT Encode and Channel Name)
LTR Trunking data (Encode ID, Decode ID and Channel Name)
LTR Trunking Repeater data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, Telephone, Area Code and Home Repeater)
NXDN Conventional data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, Channel Type, Transmit Mode, QT/DQT Decode, QT/DQT Encode, RAN Decode, RAN Encode, Channel Name, Channel Spacing (Analog) and Channel Spacing (NXDN))
NXDN Site Roaming data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, RAN Decode, RAN Encode, Channel Name and Channel Spacing (NXDN))
NXDN Site Roaming with RAN data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, RAN Decode, RAN Encode, Channel Name and Channel Spacing (NXDN))
DMR Conventional data (Receive Frequency, Transmit Frequency, Channel Type, Transmit Mode, QT/DQT Decode, QT/DQT Encode, Color Code, Channel Name and Channel Spacing)
NXDN Trunking data (Group ID, ID Mode, Channel Name, Alert Tone, Scan Add and Alert LED Color)
MDC-1200 ID List (ID and ID Name)
FleetSync ID List (Fleet, ID, ID Name and ID Mode)
FleetSync Status List (Status, Status Name and Transmit Inhibit)
NXDN Individual ID List (ID, ID Name, ID Mode, Individual (Alert Tone), Paging (Alert Tone), Individual (Alert LED Color) and Paging (Alert LED Color))
NXDN Group ID List (ID, ID Name, ID Mode, Alert Tone and Alert LED Color)
NXDN Status List (Status, Status Name, Transmit Inhibit and Alert Tone)
DMR Individual ID List (ID, ID Name and ID Mode)
DMR Group ID List (ID, ID Name and ID Mode)

The following data can be imported only if NXDN Conventional is enabled:
NXDN Conventional data
NXDN Site Roaming data
NXDN Site Roaming with RAN data

The following data can be imported only if NXDN Type-C Trunking is enabled:
Frequency Table
Normal Hunt Control Channel Table
Site Hunt Control Channel Table
Site Information

The following data can be imported only if either NXDN Conventional or NXDN Type-C Trunking is enabled, or if both NXDN Conventional and NXDN Type-C Trunking are enabled:
NXDN Individual ID List
NXDN Group ID List
NXDN Status List

DMR Conventional data
DMR Individual ID List
DMR Group ID List

That's going to save a bunch of people time on bringing over the old codeplugs.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Yes, but only two digital at a time. You will have to make a different code plug for your mood and taste. (3 ways of Codeplug)

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that's correct

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
SOFTWARE USE NOTICE

IF YOU PURCHASE AND USE ANYTHING KENWOOD RELATED SOFTWARE AND USE IT ON ANYTHING ELSE BUT WINDOWS, YOU ARE NOW WARNED FROM HERE FORWARD, USE OF WINDOWS IS THE ONLY OS FOR KPG-D1. IF YOU USE MAC PARALLELS YOUR SUBJECT TO FAILURES 50/50. I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS BEFORE, AND DEALING WITH IT AGAIN. MAC AND KENWOOD SOFTWARE ARE NOT COMPATIBLE.

THANKS

ke6yjc

Premium Subscriber
SOFTWARE USE NOTICE

IF YOU PURCHASE AND USE ANYTHING KENWOOD RELATED SOFTWARE AND USE IT ON ANYTHING ELSE BUT WINDOWS, YOU ARE NOW WARNED FROM HERE FORWARD, USE OF WINDOWS IS THE ONLY OS FOR KPG-D1. IF YOU USE MAC PARALLELS YOUR SUBJECT TO FAILURES 50/50. I HAVE DEALT WITH THIS BEFORE, AND DEALING WITH IT AGAIN. MAC AND KENWOOD SOFTWARE ARE NOT COMPATIBLE.

THANKS

1) You might as well just direct this at me Evans, I know your addressing it to me.

2) This is not an official "forum" sanctioned by Kenwood so I would not recommend posting any SOFTWARE USE NOTICES about how to use / not use their software.

3) I would recommend that you tell Kenwood to put a damn WARNING on the software license agreement / Initial email in BIG BOLD letters saying this does not work in a virtual environment and we don't support it.

I just find it funny how Motorola, Hytera, Tera, Tetra, MD-380, Baofeng and just about every other CPS type software on the planet works perfectly without issues. Yes I understand that some of them may not be as advanced as the Kenwood software, but in this day and age, Windows is Windows even when it's running in a virtual environment. Maybe Kenwood should get current with their software because regardless if Kenwood wants to support it or not, it's coming and they are going to be faced with this and by the sounds of it, I'm NOT the first one to experience this issue.

Further it all worked just fine until the software was deactivated (per Kenwood supports instruction) and then that's when it went belly up.

Just my two sense on your comment directed at me.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot_2016-11-18_154030.jpg
    Screen-Shot_2016-11-18_154030.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 1,002

wx5uif

Premium Subscriber
How many channels in a scan list on the mobiles? I've been thinking of switching from XPR series to Kenwood. I hate the 16 channel limit.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
I can scan the 150 of the 7 zones I have ... have not max'ed out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.