• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NX3820

Status
Not open for further replies.

maurycofire

Good afternoon,

Is there a way I can program a Kenwood 3820 to still scan with one of the channels in the bank being NXDN with Site roam? What we have is on our main bank is below:
1. Analog
2. Analog
3. Analog
4. NXDN with site roam
5. Analog
etc.

When we made this program it automatically set it to where we can no longer scan that bank. Is there a way to correct this?

Thanks in advance

maurycofire

I have been going through the program and still have had no luck. I have seen where I can create a scan list and add that list to zone 1 and it will scan only those channels, but it only allows analogue channels to be scanned. I want to be able to scan the site roaming channels as well. This is going to drive me crazy :ROFLMAO:

EWC_BDN

The way you would program this is to have the site roaming channel programmed as each site individually. just as a NXDN repeater. That works on an NX800 for sure. I would think it wouldn't be impossible to scan analog and digital conventional channels. if you're scanning anyway i think that should function ok too.

It won't let you add the NXDN site roaming to the scan list because those are basically fancy scan lists. Like you're adding a scan list to a scan list.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
In site roaming the radio needs to wait on the channel and as soon as the beacons come up it will quickly scan them all to get a RSSI reading. If the radio was off looking for activity on other channels it would fail to catch the beacons correctly, even if it was priority. So what you want to do is not allowed.

kd4efm

Premium Subscriber
Simple answer, No, as Ramal121 stated, the radio is scanning for the beacons from other sites,
If you add a conventional channel to the list, this will cause undo headaches and I wish I didnt do thats...

Curt34

Any way you go about it, scanning with site roaming is messy but it can be done. I would create a new NXDN Conventional system and add all of the site roaming repeaters into that zone. You will have to figure out how to best setup your zones but the site roaming “channel” should be in a zone by itself and you will need at least one other zone for the analog channels and the conventional versions of your site roaming repeaters. From there you can do anything you want with scanning the conventional version of the site roaming repeaters just like your analog channels.

As others have pointed out doing this might cause issues with the operation of the site roaming channel but depending on how that is setup and how it is used you might be able to get around some of the issues. A couple of questions to help sort that out, what is the site roaming channel used for, how many repeaters are there, where are they in proximity to you and how much will you be traveling in and out of each repeaters coverage area?

maurycofire

Thanks for the reply. There are 3 repeaters on the site roaming system and I do not think we will be in and out of coverage area much, but I hate to say that and it come back to bite me.

Status
Not open for further replies.