• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood NXR-810 Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

100pcttn

Can anyone offer me a "laymens terms" explanation of how to set up this repeater to allow for the max 15 different groups on a channel so that each would ONLY hear what is destined for them, and not have their radio open up on all transmissions from the repeater? I've looked at the multiple encode table info, and I've populated the encode / decode list with different DTMF codes for 15 different groups. I'm sure it's something simple that I'm overlooking, but I haven't been able to figure out the answer from looking thru the FPRG manual that I was sent yesterday by a very helpful member!

Thank you.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Program your users radios with multiple channels each with the same repeater frequency but different QTs/DQTs (or RANs if you're doing NXDN).

Then in the NXR-810, fill out the MULTIPLE ENCODE/DECODE TABLE (not the DTMF table) with all the codes you're using. Then click anywhere on the repeater channel then click on CHANNEL EDIT. Go down to the MULTIPLE ENCODE/DECODE TABLE and select the list number you just created. You're good to go.

Also in the users radios you may want to enable BUSY CHANNEL LOCKOUT to prevent collisions in case more that one group wants to access the repeater at the same time.

100pcttn

Thanks. I had done the RAN thing on the radios, using numbers 1 - 15, and had put those into the multiple encode / decode table. I had selected the multiple table number in the channel edit screen, and populated the RAN info there. But where I wasn't sure what I was doing was at the repeater encode / decode selection in the channel edit screen. Couldn't grasp how that factored into the picture, so I set it to 1. when I loaded up all the radios this morning with the digital programming, every radio opened up squelch with every transmission of the repeater, regardless of whether it was intended for that radio or not. (I'm running a manufacturing plant and I have had radios on my supervisors for 20+ years, utilizing the ole PL code trick to keep us all on 1 frequency channel, but each supervisor only hears what is specifically intended for him to have to hear!) So...and this is what I don't understand, after experimenting with various changes, I changed the RAN on the repeater from 1 to 63. Figured I'd go to the other end of the scale where no chance of that number being used! It worked! I have radios opening up on analog AND digital ONLY when their appropriate tone is transmitted. I wish I knew for sure what and how I "fixed" the problem so I could better understand it. I've programmed our analog stuff here for 20+ years. But boy....this digital stuff is waaaaaayyyyy more complex and diverse in what you can do and control.

Thanks for all your help. I couldn't have gotten past the "mixed" mode problem, and this one too, without your help, and most definitely without those manuals you sent me. I appreciate the help immensely!

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
You can consider analog and QTs to work the same as NXDN and RANs. The repeaters job is to pass the codes it is instructed to pass. Unless you do some type of translation, what goes in comes out. If the radios were opening squelch on all codes, I'd say you need to change something in the radios themselves.

Anyway, sounds like you are on the way to figuring it all out. Good lick.

T0mSmith

If you are using all NXDN capable radios, SelCall works great for this purpose. I have a system of about 30 radios and 90 percent of our calls are SelCall. I program channel 1 as an all call channel (group call for everyone). The rest of the channels are named by the users name (or radio number). In the channel edit window you can pick the type of call and pick the ID list number. You will need to build a Unit ID list and a Group ID list first. I program all channels with CID and talk back and it works great! We love our system! No special programming is required in the repeater. contact me off list and I will share a sample codplug.

100pcttn

That's a good one Ramal121!!! You should do what I always do....blame it on the "smart phone" for changing your words!

Hey TomSmith.... thanks for the reply! Yes, I will send you a PM in a second with my contact info. That's how I have run our radios here all these years, same frequency copied over several channels on the radio, each with a different PL code for accessing a different user. But I'd like to see and learn more about this SelCall method. Trying to read it out of the programming manual can give one a headache!!!!

100pcttn

TomSmith, Just checking......did you receive my email reply to your email you sent me last Friday? I sent you one right back last Friday and another one this morning checking to see if the first went thru. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.