• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Kenwood Radio Programming CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nayr

So I was setting up my new field laptop (Panasonic Toughbook) and I wanted to load the software up so I could program my old Kenwood radios since this laptop no longer has a floppy disk.

I made me a boot cd, and then said why stop here and downloaded all the rest of the old dos kenwood programs I could get my hands on and wrapped em all up in the same way and made an easy menu system.

Each program starts automatically and then reboots the machine when you exit, there all packaged up with there own tiny FreeDOS Floppy disk and its easy to select the program you want.

I run Linux on this machine so I just installed the grub-imageboot program and put the iso in /boot/images/ and then ran update-grub, now I can select this image anytime I like without actually using a CD.

Here is the included software and radios they claim to work with:
kpg5d (TK-930/931)
kpg6d (TK-705D/706D/805D/806D)
kpg7d (TK-830/730/630)
kpg9d (TK-240D/340D)
kpg11d (TK-230/330)
kpg15d (KDS-10)
kpg16d (TK-430/431)
kpg21d (Base/Repeater)
kpg23d (TK-250/350)
kpg25d (TK-940/941/840)
kpg26d (TK-353)
kpg27d (TK-260/270/272/278/360/370/372/378/388)
kpg29d (TK-760/762/768/860/862/868)
kpg38d (TK-290/390)
kpg67d (TK-762G/760G/862G/860G/260G/270G/360G/370G)

Attached is a screenshot, and a zip file containing the torrent.. I will try to seed this in perpetuity, anyone willing to help me seed would be appreciated.

The Download size is a mere 24MB, ISOLINUX & FreeDOS are OpenSource.. the kenwood programs are Shareware/Free for distribution as far as my research shows, one even included the source code.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-04-11 18.16.01.png
    Screenshot 2014-04-11 18.16.01.png
    42.6 KB · Views: 279
  • kenwood_radio_progs_v1.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.