Kenwood TH-F6A Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

espoonhunter

I've become a Kenwood fan as a result of using Kenwood commercial HTs (specifically, the TK-2180) for my work as a paramedic. I sold my Yaesu VX-8R (which did pretty much everything) because it was just too complicated.

I would like to acquire a Kenwood multi-band (144/222/440) HT, but feel that an update to the existing TH-F6A is probably due soon, as the TH-F6A has been on the market for a while.

Does anyone know of a new multi-band Kenwood HT that might be released sometime soon?

SCPD

QRT
I doubt there will be a replacement any time soon. The TH-F6A is a hot seller in many countries. (The F7E model.)

Also, Kenwood is working on their new HF radio for Dayton. They could be working on a new HT but I doubt it would replace the F6A.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I currently use a vx-5r which hopefully be replaced by a THF6! How can you replace a radio that already does pretty much everything? When I get a THF6 I won't need another!:p
N9ZAS

N1BHH

When choosing any radio, download the manuals online and read them thoroughly. Learn what they can do and learn how to operate them and you will discover that there may be some options you don't want, but may in the future. You may find some that you will enjoy and others that are a pain. I prefer Yaesu at the moment, the FT-8800, 8000, 60 and 727 are among the radios I use. They do what I want for what I use them. I was going to buy a TH-F6 prior to buying the FT-60R, but went with the 60 instead because of the number of memories available. I can put a whole lot more, all of New England, and still have plenty of room for listening to some local fire and police.

Status
Not open for further replies.